Right before my wedding I went into a makeup frenzy..I guess we all do so it ain’t much of a surprise. I went bonkers with palettes at the time. I fancied myself as some gr8 artist and pictured myself with the palette as an easel and painting my lids and creating works of art. Suffice to say I used this during the course of my wedding ceremonies and after that it sat pretty in my vanity for the longest time.
Then came A and Ups with their gorgeous looks and awakened the ‘palette-wali’ artist in me again! So I’ve been experimenting with this palette since a while and wanted to review it asap.
For starters, let me mention that this is a perfect wedding palette. It has the shimmery golds and taupes and peach along with the matte plums, rose and browns guaranteed to make us look our best for this time.
About Coastal Scents 26 Shadow Blush Palette:-
The 26 shadow blush palette comes in nearly nude, browns, taupes, peaches, pinks, rose, and rich plums. There are 21 shadows and 5 blushes in shimmer, pearl, and matte shades. Some of the shadows can be used as blushes with great results.
About Coastal Scent 26 Shadow Blush Palette :-
- 21 shadows and 5 blushes in a mix of shimmer, pearl and matte shades
- Great for day and night looks
- For those who love shadows and blushes
- Price: The CS palette costs about $19.95
- Palette Dimensions: 6 x 5 x 4 inches
- Pigmentation: 95% of the shades are superbly pigmented! No jokes…I’m amazed at how dense these shades come off and that too without a primer! The only shades which don’t show up too well are: the 4th shade in the top row and the 3rd shade in the 2nd row. I use these to blend out any harsh lines but can’t quite use them on their own. Of the 5 blushes, the 2nd is least pigmented and it took me a lot of effort to get the swatch as well. This may be intended to be a setting powder but I’m not too fond of it.
- Texture: This palette has the right combination of shimmer, matte and pearl finish shades. All shades go on softly..even the shimmer ones which surprisingly don’t look chunky or gaudy. All shades are easy to blend save 2-3 shades which look a bit chalky like the 4th & 5th shades in the top row.
- Staying Power: Without a primer these shadows retain their intensity for about 3hrs and then begin to fade. However, when a primer is used, the shades look much more dense and stay on for about 7-8hrs easily! What more could one want!
- Versatility: These shades are superb and a lot of the eyeshadows can even be used as blush or highlighters. There is a shimmery rose gold shade which would be the perfect blush for a wedding too!
All in all, this is one of the best palettes one can have. It’s perfect for a smokey eye or for a sexy evening look. If I had to pick out any negative at all, it would just be the lack of bright shades. I like using brighter shades as well and although this palette does have a few lighter shades, most of them are shimmery and more party-ish. Not that this takes away from the plus points of course.
Another thing I’d like to mention is that when we go for quads, trios, duos, etc, its very rare to find shades like a shimmery taupe or a darker gold shade for example. We end up buying a separate mono just for these kind of shades. This is one palette where you can find all these unique shades together! This palette is total value for money and the fact that it has so many finishes and so many hard to find shades together makes it one of the best!
What I love about the Coastal Scents 26 Shadow Blush Palette:-
- Get 21 eyeshadows AND 5 blushes!
- Get hard-to-find shades in this palette
- Worth the price
- Good staying power
- Pigmentation is good even without primer.
- The only palette I’ve seen which has 3 gold in different intensities.
- All blushes are different and hence you get a variety which is nowhere else found.
- Slim packaging which makes it easy to slip into your purse.
- Comes with 2 sponge applicators. Although these are not too gud, it may be just the thing in emergencies
- Didn’t break me out or cause allergies.
- Even the shimmery shades are butter soft and not at all chunky.
What I dislike about the Coastal Scents 26 Shadow Blush Palette:-
- Availability is an issue
- 2-3 shades were a bit chalky and had a bit of fall out.
- Pigmentation: 4.5/5
- Texture: 4.5/5
- Staying Power: 4.5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 5/5
You may also like reading these:-
- Revlon Sweet Innocence Custom Eyeshadow & Liner Duo Review & Swatches
- Womsee Colours Of Joy Silver Wave Nail Paint Review & NOTD
- Best Night Cream For Acne Prone Skin
- Top 10 Best Online Indian Shopping Sites In India (Part 1)
- Lush Aqua Mirabilis Body Butter Massage Bar Review
- Revlon CustomEyes Rich Temptation Eyeshadow & Liner Palette Review
- Avril Lavigne Blue Smokey Eyes Inspired Makeup Tutorial
- Kristen Stewart “W” Magazine Inspired Cat Eye Makeup Tutorial
- Eye Makeup With Faces Cosmetics Sparkles Dust
- MAC Expensive Pink Eye Makeup Tutorial
- Ardell False EyeLashes Review
- My First Simple Eye Makeup