Hair spa is a wonderful gift you can give yourself. And the best part of the hair spa treatment is massaging your head (hair as well as your scalp) with the oil.
Hot oil massage provides the necessary nourishment to the hair roots and the strand. The massage helps in proper blood circulation and removes dead cells from the scalp helping the scalp to breath healthily. The oil massage restores the natural shine to the hair.
Here is a simple herbal oil you can make on your own. You will need a fistful of hibiscus leaves, henna leaves, curry leaves, dried goose berry pieces, few pieces of edible camphor and a liter of gingely oil.
It is best if the process is carried out in an iron kadai. After gathering all the required items
Hair Oil- Steps By Step:-
- Drop all the leaves and dried goose berry pieces into the kadia.
- Add 4-5 spoons of gingely oil and heat in low flame for about 3-4 minutes until all leaves are fried well.
- Now add the whole one liter of gingely oil into the kadai and boil the oil very well.
- After the flame is put off, allow the oil to cool and the leaves and goose berries to settle down.
- Separate all the leaves and the goose berry pieces from the oil.
- Store the oil in a clean bottle for use.
- Drop about 10 pieces of edible camphor to the oil bottle. The camphor will dissolve on its own. It gives great aroma to the oil and also helps in fighting infection in the scalp.
(Main ingredients for the oil. Leaves are easily available in your own garden. Dried goose berry pieces are available at any Ayurvedic shop.)
(Hibiscus, henna and curry leaves and dried goose berry pieces in the iron kadai)
(All ingredients fried in 3-4 spoon gingely oil.)
(One liter of gingely oil added to the kadai after the leaves are fried enough.)
(Oil in boiling state.)
(Final product with few pieces of camphor added.)
This has been my massage oil for over 3 years. A very simple and easy method to carry out. So ladies, enjoy a massage with herbal oil that smells of camphor.