I’d never heard of solid perfumes before L’occitaine. TBS also has one but I never quite noticed it. Frankly, I thought it really a weird concept…Why would anyone want to scrape off perfume from a tin and apply it?? The very idea seemed so ‘NOT’ doable.
But one trip to Kerala, a broken perfume bottle and a hoard of strongly smelling clothes late I finally understood the intention. So when I saw this on sale on 99labels sometime in January I immediately ordered it. Why Green Tea?? Well, just because I envisioned the same fragrance as the Green Tea perfume from Elizabeth Arden…. Before you ask me, ‘No’ this smells nothing like that wonderful scent…and that’s the cause of my mini heart break…
About L’occitaine Green Tea Solid Perfume:-
Applied directly on the skin, this solid perfume develops and diffuses its voluptuous scent all day long.
My experience with L’occitaine Green Tea Solid Perfume:-
- Packaging –This solid perfume comes in a tiny tin tub similar to lip balm tubs or the Omved lip balm which a lot of us got as part of the Blissbox (which turned out to be not so blissful). I find the lid a bit tough to handle since its a pull-off lid and sometimes gets a bit jammed. A screw top lid would have been convenient.
- Color & Texture–It’s a light waxy color but with a tinge of green. The green is so faint that one may miss it completely and think of it as a tub of vaseline. But the amazing part is the texture. Its very light and easy to scoop out. It’s not thick as vaseline and more like a gel cream…It gets absorbed into the skin in a jiffy and doesn’t burn which is what I was initially scared of.
- Application– I scoop out a bit with my fingers and apply on pulse points like my wrists, neck & behind my ears. I find application to be a bit of a pain. When at home its easier because then I can use a tiny spatula or a spoon to scoop this out. But while travelling I find it irritating to carry anything else. And I have on qualms about using my fingers despite it being considered unhygienic but I hate how this gets under my nails sometimes..
- Fragrance– This has a very mild green tea fragrance. And when I say mild, I really do mean mild. This was what disappointed me most. I was hoping for a stronger scent but this fragrance is so mild that it doesn’t stay more than 2hrs at best.
My Verdict:L’occitaine Green Tea Solid Perfume (THE VERT) :-
I like the fragrance even though its mild. During winters its lovely since one doesn’t sweat a whole lot then and the fragrance is really relaxing and quite therapeutic while it lasts. On the other hand this is not really preferred in summers when I sweat more and the fragrance seems to disappear sooner, After 2hrs, I can detect a very mild waft of the fragrance. And extreme summers are yet to hit! Which makes me skeptical about using this in the sweltering heat. Personally, I don’t think I’ll get this again. I’d rather pick up another bottle of the Green Tea perfume.
Pros of L’occitaine Green Tea Solid Perfume:-
- The fragrance is mild and not irritating or jarring like some.
- The packaging is what makes it so easy to carry around. Say bye bye to messy accidents of breakage while travelling!
- Didn’t cause any skin reaction.
- Easy to use
- Doesn’t take much space in my purse
- The fragrance is lovely and a treat to the senses.
- Zero Alcohol content
- One tub will last quite a while.
Cons of L’occitaine Green Tea Solid Perfume:-
- Inconvenient especially for those with long nails.
- Too mild to survive extreme summers.
- Pretty pricey…
Have you tried L’occitaine Green Tea Solid Perfumes?
- Effectiveness: 3/5
- Fragrance: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
- Price vs. Quality: 3.5/5
You may also like reading:
- The Body Shop White Musk Perfume Review
- Illamasqua Freak Perfume Review
- QUCO Hair Perfume Spray Review
- Hugo X X Eau De Toilette Review
- MAC Surf Baby Krazy Kahuna Lipglass Review +FOTD
- The Body Shop Aqua Lily Eau De Toilette Review
- Gucci Envy Perfume Review /Gucci Envy Eau De Toilette
- Yardley London Jasmine Body Spray Review
- 5 Simple Tricks To Make Perfume Last Longer
- The Body Shop Kistna Eau De Toilette Review
- Lush Mask of Magnaminty Review
- Christian Dior J’adore Eau de Parfum Review
- QVS Eyelash Glue Review
- Mont Blanc Femme Individuelle Soul And Senses Perfume Review
- Body Shop DeoDry™ Dry-Effect Deodorant Fresh & Floral Stick review
- Khadi Mauri Hair Conditioning Cream Review
- Body Shop Love Etc…™ Eau De Perfume Review