It’s true…absolutely, totally , 100% true….The name of this shower gel is DIRTY! And I admit I got this just for the name. (No, no kinks involved! )The name pulled me towards it and the scent sealed the deal.
About Lush Dirty Shower Gel:-
After a dirty night on the tiles, jolt yourself back to reality with our tingly spearmint shower gel. Springwash is like a dip in a mountain spring, just in time for the weather getting warmer; spearmint and menthol crystals will make your skin feel cool in a hot shower and give it a sweeter scent than peppermint. If you’re living in a hard water area, the sodium bicarbonate helps to soften it and give a frothy lather. Your bits will feel fresher in no time.
- Quantity: 100gms for 530 INR, 250gms for 1015 INR, 500gms for 1740 INR
- Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycerine, Lauryl Betaine, Sodium Bicarbonate, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Fine Sea Salt, Spearmint Oil (Mentha spicata), Menthol Crystals, Thyme Oil (Thymus zygis), Hydroxycitronellal, Methyl Ionone, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 42090, Methylparaben
My experience with Lush Dirty Shower Gel:-
- Packaging – This comes in a transparent plastic bottle with a flip top. I have the 100gms bottle which is very travel friendly and that was the sole reason behind getting it since I travel frequently.
- Color & Texture – This shower gel is an ocean blue color and quite syrupy in texture. It lathers a lot and if used with a loofah one will be ensured of a sudsy and bubbly bath
- Fragrance – To be very frank, I initially thought this may smell of actual dirt…Seriously! After sniffing Grass shower gel which actually smelled like grass it wouldn’t have come as a surprise to me if it did indeed smell of Dirt. But maybe they didn’t want to take it THAT far… This shower gel smells strongly of spearmint. What I love most about the scent is that it isnt a super strong cloying mint fragrance….instead its a well rounded scent (I hope I’m not being too confusing) which isn’t too sharp at all. The scent lingers for an hour or so which is sad since I hoped it would last longer.
My Verdict:Lush Dirty Shower Gel:-
I usually tend to use minty shower gels/creams in the morning since I’m perennially drowsy in the mornings; but this is one which I use in the evenings too. Its not zesty like a lime scented gel but is refreshing nonetheless. A huge plus point of this gel is its deoderizing properties. Apart from doing it duty as a body cleanser, this also strips away the sweat and grime and gives me a squeaky clean feeling. If anything, I would rate this as a must have this summer…Trust me.
The only downside to this is that it doesn’t moisturize too much. Normal and oily skins would love this from start to finish, but those with very dry skin whould need to use a moisturizer relatively soooner post shower. I used this in winters and personaly didn’t have any issues since I apply a moisturizer within 10mins of getting out of the shower as a routine. All in all, I really like this shower gel and this would probably rate 2nd in my list of Lush Shower Gels after Lush Olive Branch. Do try it out.
Pros of Lush Dirty Shower Gel: -
- The fragrance is refreshing without being too intense.
- Available at all Lush stores and online as well. Infact they hav a whole range of product in this line.
- Lathers well so sud lovers will not be disappointed.
- It deodorizes while cleaning.
- The fragrance lasts for a decent amount of time.
- Will suit normal to oily skins very well.
- Doesn’t dry out my skin
- Lush doesnt test on animals.
- Perfect for hot and sticky summers
Cons of Lush Dirty Shower Gel:-
- Has both SLS and parabens
- Moisturizing effect: 4/5
- Fragrance: 5/5
- Packaging: 4.5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 4/5
Has any of you tried Lush Dirty Shower Gel ?
You may also like reading:
- Top 5 Lush Cleanser Reviews
- Lush Igloo Sugar Scrub Review
- 5 Lush Lip Scrub & Lip Tint Review
- Lush Chilli Tingle Review and Swatches
- LUSH Fresh Farmacy Face Cleanser Review
- Lush The Jilted ELF Shower Jelly Review
- LUSH Snow Fairy Lip Tint Review, Photos & Swatches
- Lush Candy Cane Soap Review
- Lush Valentine’s Day Special
- Lush India Amazing Offer
- Lush Brazened Honey Face Mask Review
- Lush Snow Cake Soap Review
- Lush Angel’s Delight Soap Review
- Lush Snow Globe Review
- Lush Pow Wow Lip Scrub Review
- Lush Oatifix Face Mask
- Lush Ultrabland Cleanser