I’ve mentioned many a time about the sunburn I suffered when in college which left me burn marks on my arms and especially on my wrists. So, on one of my trips to Lush, the SA happened to see and remark on the marks and then proceeded to suggest the Lush Dreamwash Smoothie for it. She even let me use a bit of it to try it out and since I liked the feel of it, I thought why not? The burn marks/ streaks are really irritating and although they aren’t too noticeable, during the warmer days when the redness on my face and body gets aggravated it kinda seems to pop out
About Lush Dreamwash Smoothie
Soothing shower soap to calm red, dry skin. Dreamwash is a perfect smoothie for troubled skin. It’s incredibly mild and actively soothing. – wonderful for skin with a habit of going flaky and red when you touch it with anything other than plain water. We mix chamomile with calamine, calming aloe vera, soothing rose, tea tree and lavender essential oils. It works wonderfully, and that’s not bias. We promise.
- Quantity: 250gms for 1050 INR
- Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Calamine Powder, Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Water (Aqua), Rapeseed Oil; Sunflower Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Helianthus annuus; Cocos nucifera), Glycerine, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Sodium Chloride, *Linalool, Perfume.
My experience with Lush Dreamwash Smoothie:-
- Packaging – This comes in a long tub which I really find inconvenient. Its a real bother to keep scooping it out while in the bath. I can understand that the consistency makes it impossible to store in a bottle but for such products tube packaging is a necessity.
- Color & Texture – It looks exactly like calamine; the light pink color that is…Its a thick creamy paste and is absolutely not runny so you do need a spoon to scoop it out. It spread easily all over the body and doesn’t lather.
- Fragrance – If you take a long whiff of this, the first scent to hit is that of calamine followed by lavender. But Calamine is the dominant scent. It isn’t unpleasant though.
My Verdict:Lush Dreamwash Smoothie
The SA while applying this on my arm mentioned that this is like a combination for Lush Dream Cream Lotion & Fresh Farmacy Soap (which now always reminds me of Tups) which are known for its skin healing properties. Hence, this is the perfect combination for troubled skin regardless of whether its acne, redness, sun burn, rashes, etc. So in short, this is a dream come true for all of us with sensitive skin or troubled skin.
And guys, let me tell you right away that this is amazing! I have been called lobster so many times because of how red I get when exposed to the sun. Thanks to my sensitive skin, I break out into a mild rash very frequently. This soothes my skin and brings it back to normal in a jiffy. This is a permanent fixture in my shower. I use this instead of soap a lot of the time especially when I return after roaming around in the sun. It soothes the redness and any tiny breakouts I get.
Now about my sun burn marks…I admit they have lightened but not too much which makes me feel like maybe I’d need to use an entire vat of it for the marks to fade. But I don’t think of this as a waste because it works so brilliantly for my skin. Infact, I read somewhere that it can also be used while shaving (if you shave that is). It’s on the pricey side but then those like me with problem/ sensitive skin will agree that it’s a price we’re willing to pay for a products that does work.
Pros of Lush Dreamwash Smoothie: -
- Perfect for all kinds of skin especially oilies.
- The fragrance is not strong at all which I prefer since I don’t like the smell of calamine.
- Perfect for sensitive & problem skin.
- Soothes the skin well and gets rid of redness and rashes
- A really good option for oilies who need a gud skin product.
- Easily available in Lush stores and online as well.
- Helps combat sunburn.
- Helps to fade any marks on the skin although it does take time.
- Can be used for shaving as well.
- Makes my skin really soft.
- Lush doesn’t test on animals.
Cons of Lush Dreamwash Smoothie:-
- It works but quite slowly…I know I seems in a hurry but I really want to get rid of those marks soon..
- I don’t like the tub packaging.
- It’s really expensive even though it does have a substantial amount.
Have you tried Dreamwash Smoothie ?
- Effectiveness: 4/5
- Fragrance: 4/5
- Packaging: 3.5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 3.5/5
You may also like reading:-
- Top 5 Lush Cleanser Reviews
- Lush Igloo Sugar Scrub Review
- 5 Lush Lip Scrub & Lip Tint Review
- Lush Chilli Tingle Review and Swatches
- LUSH Fresh Farmacy Face Cleanser Review
- Lush The Jilted ELF Shower Jelly Review
- LUSH Snow Fairy Lip Tint Review, Photos & Swatches
- Lush Candy Cane Soap Review
- Lush Valentine’s Day Special
- Lush India Amazing Offer
- Lush Brazened Honey Face Mask Review
- Lush Snow Cake Soap Review
- Lush Angel’s Delight Soap Review
- Lush Snow Globe Review
- Lush Pow Wow Lip Scrub Review
- Lush Oatifix Face Mask
- Lush Ultrabland Cleanser