Two months back Lush SA showed me this interesting ugly looking product . Why ugly looking? – Full of small beans – looks like baby cockroaches roaming around the soap like thing..eeeks..The moment he showed me this I was simply not interested in it but when he made me sniff it I thought of giving it a try.
Due to long hours in front of the laptop , work outs and then heavy medication my hormones refuse to be my friend . My frequent headache, back ache and foot ache made me buy it although I hardly believe that this could do anything other than just relaxing me up.
Wiccy Magic Muscles is the spicy, tingly muscle-soothing massage bar for sorting out aching muscles. The first time you use one of these, it feels very strange, as if a heater has been turned on inside the part of your body you just massaged. The Aduki beans are like firm fingertips working to relieve muscle pain and tension. They help to stimulate areas where circulation is slow. Peppermint and cinnamon spice oils work together as a powerful tag team to soothe aches and pains, alternately warm and cool to release tension caused by exertion.
- Price – INR 800 (Forgotten the exact price as I got it long back and its not listed on Lush website) On U.S lush website it’s $9.95
- Ingredients - Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Aduki Beans (Phaseolus) , Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis) , Cinnamon Leaf Oil (Cinnamomum cassia) , Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita) , Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera) , *Cinnamyl Alcohol , *Cinnamal , Coumarin , *Eugenol ,*Isoeugenol , *Benzyl Benzoate , *Limonene , *Linalool , Perfume
Lush Wiccy Magic Muscles Features:-
- A real strain: Inspiring runners and non-runners around the world to pull a muscle.
- Feeling kneady? Use the side buttered with aduki beans for an extra stimulating experience.
- Some like it hot: Cinnamon leaf oil is a brownish-yellow oil, which has a warm, rich and spicy aroma.
- Fragrance – Let me first brief you about its fragrance as I guess it will be liked by few people who like pungent cloves smell with hint of peppermint in it.Peppermint fragrance vanishes after it gets in touch with the skin but cloves stays for one hour.So if you don’t like harsh clove smell then just don’t think of buying this.
My experience with Lush Wiccy Magic Muscles :-
Product has beans in it and storing it is a problem if you don’t have the massage bar container with you.Lush SA asked me if I will be interested in buying it but I kind of refused as my shopping bill had already crossed INR 2k that time. They gave it in a transparent plastic cup and I have kept the bar in it since then.
This massage bar melts quite fast therefore in cities like Delhi (India) where temperature reaches 50 degree easily, it is advisable to store it in the fridge. I kept it near my table and use it on the dry areas of my skin especially the elbows before going off to sleep.It moisturise thoroughly but it takes its own little time in getting absorbed. Also, please note that product is not meant for oily skin at all as the greasiness might just disgust you.
Utterly butterly and delicious.Its really butterly therefore best time to use it will be in winters albeit I do use it whenever I want to pull myself up with a hint of clove and peppermint fragrance.
Coming to the headache or sore muscles.This product certainly helps. I have used it during headache or when my back was paining. It helps in reliveing the pain and in headache the clove kind of relaxes me. If you can ask some one to give you a back massage with it during the muscle pain, it will definitely help. Only thing is, it will relive you from the every day light pain and not the severe ones.
The beans in the massage bar is do not melt which is why they keep falling here and there but as the size of the beads is not that small cleaning or picking them is not a problem.
Will I recommend it to others – If you suffer from headache or sore muscles quite often and do not want to pop in the pill and suffer from dry skin then this will help you out. I won’t be buying it again as one bar is going to last a long time and till then I guess my hormones will start behaving back
Wise She Rating -4/5
You might like reading these also:-