I like trying out new brushes and very recently got 2 new foundation brushes…the Konad Foundation brush and the No.7 foundation brush…Why two you ask? Well, I initially got the Konad brush and then later came to know about the No.7 brush…I was watching a video by Lisa Elderidge where she claimed this No.7 brush to be her favourite for foundation application. For those of you who don’t know her(and I doubt there are many), she is a professional MUA from the UK. You can follow her videos on Youtube where she shows us how to do such amazing looks…and makes it sound so simple at that!
Enough raving now… Anyways, this brush is her fav and another plus point is that she is also the Creative director of No.7 which sealed the deal for me. It’s a synthetic fibre brush which makes it perfect for liquid based foundations.
About No.7 Foundation Brush :-
Use the No7 foundation brush to blend foundation evenly for a smooth and seamless finish.
- Price: 11 or 12 pounds
My experience with the No.7 Foundation Brush:-
- Packaging: This brush comes in a cardboard box with a thin plastic covering. Wish it came with a bristle guard too!
- Bristle Texture: The bristles are synthetic and firm (and bouncy too!) but not pokey at all. In look and feel it resembles the MAC 190, the only diff being that the MAC one is flatter. yet firm.
- Bristle Quality (Bleeding & Shedding): The bristles don’t bleed but it did shed a tiny bit during the first wash. Since that first time, it hasn’t shed a since strand.
- Washing & Drying:Takes about 1day to dry.
- Handling: The handle is a bit short just the way I like it since I find it easier to blend with it.
- Versatility: This brush is amazing! It blends so well and gives a nice airbrushed look to the face. Since it has a tapered tip, I can also use it for applying concealor in the corners of my eyes as well as around the sides of my nose.
The Nods : No.7 Foundation brush:-
- Easy to use for everyone.
- I love the short handle which makes it easier to maneuver around the face.
- Dries fast enough.
- A fav of Lisa Elderidge! What more could I ask for!
- Ideal for Liquid foundations
- Didn’t shed after the first wash
- Bristles don’t bleed.
- Bristles have a bounce to them which makes the foundation move around quite conveniently.
- Doesn’t soak too much product.
- Can be used to apply concealor in the inner corners of the eyes as well.
The Shakes :No.7 Foundation Brush:-
- Not available in India
- Quite pricey
- Packaging: 4.5/5
- Shedding/ Bleeding: 5/5
- Useability: 5/5
- Versatility: 5/5
- Value of Money: 4.5/5
Have you tried No.7 Foundation Brush ?
You may also enjoy reading: