I discovered contouring early last year. My face is completely round and the mere thought that I may be able to make it look sculpted was enough for me to decide I wanted to learn it. Ofcourse there were catastrophe’s..At the beginning I had no idea that contouring should be done with a matter powder. Needless to say I invested in a lot of bogus products which made me look like a light bulb (a burnt one) before I realised I was making a huge mistake.
It took a lot of research and mistakes for me to find the right products for me and today I’ll be reviewing one such Bronzer which marked a turning point in this hunt.
About TheBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer: -
A bronzing powder with a beach-worthy glow. TheBalm Bahama Mama is a bronzing powder formulated to leave you skin with a beautiful, natural- looking glow and a soft, silky feel. This powder is translucent, while still providing color with staying power.
- Matte finish creates beautifully bronzed skin
- Features mica and silica for sheer yet pigmented color
- Paraben-free formula designed to be layered as needed
- Layering allows you to customize your personal ideal shade of bronze
- Price: $12 and available on Strawberrynet as well.
- Quantity: .25oz
My take on TheBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer: -
- Packaging: Like most TheBalm products, this bronzer is packaged in a cardboard form very much resembling a book. It has a flip top lid which is magnetic and a strong magnet at that. The front houses a retro kinda pic which is the running theme of all TheBalm products. It reminds me of pin-up models in fact…don’t you think?
- Color: The bronzer is a sandy brown color and what I like best is that it has no orange tone like a lot of the bronzers we get here. This is an out-and-out brown without any shimmer to it. Hence, it can be used as a bronzer and for contouring as well.
- Pigmentation & Texture: The blush is extremely pigmented and very soft to the touch. A single swipe will bring off a huge amount of powder so its important to be careful to just dab the brush lightly in the pan. It does have a tiny bit of fall out due to its soft texture but it’s not too much at all and one need not worry about wastage.
- Staying Power: Once applied, this stays for about 6hrs max after which it starts fading. But the plus point is that it fades evenly and doesn’t get patchy at any point.
- Application: I use a slanted contour brush and dip just the tip into the pan. Since this is a highly pigmented powder, using too much by mistake would translate into chocolate bars on my cheeks I then blend it in to make it look natural.
I like this bronzer lots..It defines my cheekbones very well and is so soft that it blend in perfectly and gives a very natural look. The only tricky part is learning to use the right amount. The shade is so brown that it’s easy to get a muddy look instead of a natural toned one. It took me about 4-5 tries to get the hang of it.
Pros of TheBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer: -
- Its a gorgeous brown shade which doesn’t look orange on me.
- Has no shimmers and is totally matte which makes it perfect for contouring as well.
- Very versatile. Can be used as a blush, bronzer, for contouring or even as an eye shadow.
- Not too pricey considering the quality and the quantity.
- I don’t think this will ever get over.
- Will suit fair to medium toned skin. But those with lighter skin tones may take longer to find the right amount to be used.
- Can be built up as required.
- Formula is soft and easy to blend
- I love the funky packaging. Makes it stand out from the rest of the products.
- Sturdy packaging
Cons of TheBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer:-
- Its easy to go overboard with this and look muddy
- Not too easily available.
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Texture: 5/5
- Staying Power: 4.5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 4.5/5
Have you tried The Balm Bahama Mam Bronzer ?
You may also like reading:
- NYX Lip Lacquer Pot in Coralicious :Review, Swatches
- LA Girl Crème Lipstick Secret Admirer Review & Swatches
- Ambika Pillai Toast Lipgloss Review &Swatches
- MUFE Rouge Artist Intense Mat4 Matte Antique Pink Lipstick Review & FOTD
- MAC Stay in Touch Cremesheen Lipstick :Swatch,Review & FOTD
- Makeup Suggestion For Karwa Chaut
- La Vie en Rose (Life through rose colored glass)The Rosy Flush(Makeup tutorial)
- Flower Inspired Makeup Look
- Seductive Eye Makeup With The Balm Shady lady palette
- The Balm Hot Mama Blush Review & Swatches