How To Pack Makeup For Moving /How To Pack Makeup Collection For Big Move
Lately I have been busy packing my makeup which I had planned long back after all its the most important THING of my life.While discussing packing issue with Rash she asked me to do a blog post because almost all of us are moving to different places every now and then.Zee tells me she gets bored staying at one place for too long and some where I agree too because every place makes us learn and experience so many things.
Firstly! I had no intention of doing this post it was just that my friends were equally concerned about their stuff so the idea popped up in my mind .So please pardon my pictures which were clicked at the last moment .There were some things which I wished I could have done better but due to last minute issue I couldn’t which I will let you know in the post ahead.
- Separate skin care and makeup.You do not want to mix your body lotion or your toners with a blush or a lipstick.After this separation , separate your makeup into drugstore and high end.I seperated as per must have and good to have .
- I have two MAC eyeshadow palette in one I have all my MAC eyeshadows and in the other one I have Inglot one as many of my MAC eyeshadows were depotted and were not magnetic any more I will be carrying them in flight rest everything was couriered through DTDC where they charged me INR 80 per kg and my package will reach in four days.
- Three must have things for packaging is Toilet paper, Newspaper and lots and lots of bubble wrap.You just can not move makeup without these things.
- Don’t throw away these small boxes which you get your makeup in from different online sites .They are a life saver.I had some 5-6 of these in different sizes from stylecraze which are quite strong.All I did was placed a newspaper underneath and then added paint pots, lush lip scrubs, tints and lip balms and few more things which could be clubbed easily.once all the things were stuffed in it I added lots of bubble wrap so that even if some body throw away the box, product inside doesn’t budge.
5. I got these plastic box which costed INR 30-40 .These too I got in different sizes and placed my sleek palettes, nail polish remover pads and 1-2 sleek blushes in it.You can see that I have made sure that all the inside stuff is tightly packed and the space left in it was filled by newspaper.As there was no liquid product in it I saved my bubble wrap and used newspaper instead for it.These boxes can get open in midway therefore I tightly wrapped them again with a cello tape.
6. Storing nail polishes can be little difficult and one definitely needs to pack them with lot of care.I first covered all of the bottle neck with a cello tape and then stacked them inside of bubble wrap .I placed an old towel and toilet paper in each row so that if any of them break also then it doesn’t affect the others.I then layered lot of bubble wrap over it and placed the cover over and in the end sealed it with a cello tape.I made 4 boxes like these so it took me almost four hours to do all this .Phew!
7.This bangle box tip was learnt from Rash.I first wrapped all the blushes with a bubble wrap and then placed them inside it.As these are heavy so even if one sits on them they won’t be able to break it. There are big square shape bangle boxes available in the market which has lot of spaces you can easily store 40-50 blushes in them .Tip for Zee
Moving MAC eyeshadow pots –
8.I got a piece of cotton ball and then placed them over it and then stored them in the bangle box.I stored most of my single eyeshadow pots in similar fashion and was easily able to put inside minimum of 20 eyeshadow pots
9.This is my old lakme bag .It has some 9-10 eyeliner holding space I placed my MAC eyeliners in it and rest I bubble wrapped each and tied them with a rubber band.Filled the space with bubble wrap again and then I am good to go.Make sure every eyeliner has its cap on otherwise it will spoil everything .You can cello tape the eyeliner cap if you want although i didn’t feel the requirement .
10.This is my old vanity box which I was about to throw away but now I used it to store all the powder products and single eyeshadows.
11.Stored one or two eyeshadow in these mini boxes too.
12.I stored lipglosses in bubble wrap like this.You can see that there are 5-6 rows of them and each lip gloss is tightly packed.I covered the neck with a cello tape to avoid leakage and made four bundles like these and stuffed them in a small plastic box.
13.This is a plastic tray which I purchased from Life Style Home and it contains some on my most expensive blushes .I wrapped each one of them with a bubble wrap and then a cello tape, placed it in the tray and stuffed it all with a paper and everything which I could.
14.This box contained my body lotions, shower gels, Body scrubs(I am carrying lush scrubs,Face packs and massage bars in flight although it is better to stop buying lush fresh face masks or cleansers a month back when you have to move )
While packing lotions I sealed their neck with a cello tape and then put them all in a zip lock bag and added lots of toilet paper in each bag.
How To Pack Brushes While Making A Big Move:-
15.Long time back I got buyincoins 24 makeup brushes set and now when I moved to MAC and sigma brushes I took out the leather case in which those brushes came in and placed my MAC brushes in it.The whole set itself was of some INR 600 only but this way my MAC brushes stayed in the best of the condition.My heart still motivated me to wrap another newspaper on the leather case and then sealed it with a cello tape.
16.Stuffed everything packed in these two cartons and rest of the packing was done by DTDC guy.
17. Make an excel sheet of what all things you have put in which container otherwise it will be really difficult to unpack everything.
18.Don’t mix your makeup carton with other things.
19.If you can get hold of Zee palette or you know how to store depottened eyeshadow in a CD case then do this thing a week before.
20.In the end just relax it’s only makeup and not life .Take thing easy and don’t get too hyper
Do you have any tips of Packing Makeup While Making A Big move?
You might like reading these also:-