Bourjois really has some of the best products these days. I totally love their products like the Contour & Khol liners, their pot blush in Rose Frission, their new primer and their lip stain. They are absolutely Delish and I have no idea how I could have missed these duochrome liners. The minute I saw these, I was damn curious and hell bent on trying them out. So I hunted for a good deal online and bought 2 shades namely, Violet Rose and Brun Modore. Today, I’ll be reviewing Violet Rose.
About Bourjois Duochrome Liner In Violet Rose:-
Bourjois Duochrome Eyeliner Pencil (Regard Effet Duochrome) is an eye pencil with double reflections for a real duochrome effect. It is enriched with interferential pearls which change colour depending on the light. The high concentration in pigments provides intense shades for the eyes. The soft and and smooth lead has been enriched with natural wax so that it glides comfortably across lids with the lightest touch, meaning that smooth lines are easily achieved on both the upper and lower lids. Regard Effet Duochrome is available in Violet rose, Vert dore, Brun mordore, and Noir Bleuté.
- Price: INR 330
My take on Bourjois Duochrome Liner in Violet Rose:-
- Color: This shade is a bit difficult to describe but I would say its a blue based light violet shade without any shimmers but with a high sheen factor. It truly does have a duochrome factor though. At one angle it looks more lavender and in another angle it looks like a pink shade.
- Pigmentation & Texture: I am a bit disappointed with the pigmentation of this particular shade. I have the shade Brun Mordore as well and it’s a lot more pigmented than this one. Where that liner needs a single swipe for rich color, this liner needs to be swipes multiple times for a decent spot of color. However, this is quite soft and glides on easily.
- Staying Power: On my lid, this color lasts 6hrs easily without smudging. But on my waterline, this doesn’t stay for more than 2hrs and to get a visible pop of color is also quite tough.
I love this color. I admit this type of shade is one of my weaknesses. But I also have to admit that this shade is a bit of a waste. I wanted this especially for my waterline and its here that it fails miserably…The color doesnt show up as densely as I like and even that is a huge challenge. The best way I’ve realised to use this shade is to draw a thivk line on my lashline and then use a thin black liner such that it feels like I’ve applied 2 liners
As much as I love this shade, I would definitely not repurchase this nor advice anyone to pick this shade.
Why I love Bourjois Duochrome Liner in Violet Rose:
- A lovely color.
- It actually does have a duochrome effect
- Good staying power
- Not too expensive
- Doesn’t smudge
- I love the other shades like Brun Mordore and Noir Bluete.
Why I don’t like the Bourjois Duochrome Liner in Violet Rose:-
- Isn’t well pigmented
- Doesn’t show up properly on the waterline.
- Pigmentation: 3/5
- Staying Power: 4/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Availability: 5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 3.5/5
Have you tried Bourjois Duochrome Liner Violet Rose ?
You may also like reading:-
- 8 Bourjois Khol And Contour Eyeliner Review & Swatches
- Bourjois Anticernes Pinceau Brush On Concealor Review
- Bourjois Flower Perfection Translucent Smoothing Primer Review
- Bourjois Mini Lipstick Style Disco 04 Review & Swatches
- Bourjois Baume De Nuit Night Lip Balm Review
- Bourjois Ombre Stretch in Intense Black Eyeshadow Review & Swatches