Bourjois Khol& Contour Eye Pencil in Bleu Graphique – Review & Swatches
We Indians just can’t seem to get enough of using Kohl a.k.a. Kaajal and many of us don’t think of stepping outside without it. Nothing accentuates our peepers better than deep, dark, Kohl and everyone from a village girl, to an urban woman, to babies and even men are spotted sporting eyes laced with Kohl. And now it looks like it is contagious and the rest of the planet has caught on! Bourjois is actually a French brand and they too have their own version of Kohl. Did u notice that Bourjois has spelled Kohl as “Khol”? What’s interesting here is that Khol is actually a Bengali word for drum. But that doesn’t matter to us, does it?
About Bourois Khol & Contour Eye Pencil Bleu Graphique:-
- Enriched with pure pigments, this kohl allows for an intense result from the very first stroke and lasts up to 16 hours.
- Ideally suited for different situations, weather conditions, shape and color of the eyes.
- Pencils glide easily on the eyelid area and it does not require pressure.
- Its soft and blendable formula is ideal to apply both on the inner and outer rims of the eye.
- Hypoallergenic, with natural wax and vitamin E, it is gentle on the delicate eye contour area.
- High density color in an absolutely must-have pencil. Line, define and smudge your way to smoldering perfection.
- Safe for contact lens wearers and sensitive eyes.
- Quantity: 1.14 gms / 0.04 oz
- Price: 260 INR
We have all the shades swatches on Wise She Here
Bourjois Khol & Contour Shade Names:-
My experience with Bourjois Khol & Contour Pencil Bleu Graphique:-
The shade I own is No.82 and is named Bleu Graphique (Graphic Blue). It a matte Navy/Indigo blue color with absolutely no shimmer or glitter. You can read the review of the shade Prune Moderne here. Since there’s no shimmer, you can easily wear this to work, or to the grocery store or even at home. The entire pencil including the lid matches the color inside making it very easy to identify the shade. The texture is smooth and creamy and it glides onto the eyelids without tugging. It is quite pigmented when used on the upper lash line but on the waterline you need a couple more swipes for the color to show. My eyes are quite sensitive but this never gave me any problems at all. So this is completely waterline safe and great for contact lens wearers too. The color stays put easily for 6 hours minimum on my oily lids. So if you have normal to dry skin this would stay intact the entire day until you decide to take it off. It does fade slightly after 4 hours or so but even then it performs better than many eye pencils I’ve used. What surprised me was the fact that it lasted on the waterline for 4 hours which is quite a feat since even the most pigmented eye pencils start disappearing on the waterline after 2 hours or so. Although this lasts long, I do think the “16 hours” claim is a bit far-fetched since it does fade by the end of the day. Since the pencil is soft and creamy, I find it easy to smudge and it works great for smoky eye looks. This particular shade is universally flattering and I find myself wearing this with almost every other day.
The images below show the color in a single stroke and in 4 strokes. The pic on the left is taken in natural light while the pic on the right is taken in artificial light without flash.
Swatches Of Bourjois Khol & Contour Eye Pencil Bleu Graphique:-
What I like about Bourjois Khol & Contour Eye Pencil:-
- Creamy, soft texture. No tugging required
- Nicely pigmented and color can be built up in a couple more swipes.
- Can be smudged easily for a smoky eye look
- Lasts for 6 to 8 hours easily and may last longer on normal to dry skin
- Does not bleed even on oily skin
- Fades evenly and not in patches
- Can be used both on upper lash line as well as waterline
- Safe for contact lens users and those with sensitive eyes
- Easy to remove.
- This shade of blue is universally flattering and will look good on all skintones
- Has no shimmer and is thus very versatile.
- The color of the pencil including the lid matches the shade inside making it easy to identify if you own many pencils
- Reasonably priced for the quality
- Comes in a variety of shades
What I don’t like about Bourjois Khol & Contour Eye Pencil:-
- Since it is a wooden pencil, it requires sharpening and you have to be careful while doing so since the tip tends to break coz of its creamy texture.
Okay…please don’t be scared. Prepare yourself for some very unprofessionally-done eye swatches In the left pic I’ve worn it on the lash line and waterline. In the right pic I’ve smudged it on the lash line. I personally like 2nd look better. It’s softer and very wearable. What do you think?
Overall, this is a great buy and I would totally recommend it! If you love Kohls, You should take a look at Ana’s lovely stash here . And if (like me) you thought Kohl is black then you should check out Zara’s pure white Kohl review here
Have you tried Bourjois Khol & Contour Eye Pencil Bleu Graphique ?
You might like reading these also:-
- Bourjois Sweet Kiss Naturel Lipstick Rose Delicat Review & Swatches
- Bourjois Flower Perfection Translucent Smoothing Primer Review
- Bourjois Mini Lipstick Style Disco 04 Review & Swatches
- Bourjois Baume De Nuit Night Lip Balm Review
- Bourjois Mineral Matte Mousse Foundation Review
- Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Black Mascara Review
- Bourjois Ombre Stretch in Intense Black Eyeshadow Review & Swatches
- Bourjois Smokey Eyes eyeshadow Trio 04 Nude Ingénue Review & Swatches
- Bourjois Volumizer Mascara Review
- Best Bourjois Products 2011
- Bourjois Pastel Teint Essential Pressed Powder 68 Dore Review
- Bourjois Blush in Rose Frission Swatches & Review
- Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Mascara Photos
- 4 Swatches Of Bourjois Bio Detox Perfecting Powder
- 6 Bourjois Khol & Contour Eye Pencils Swatches and Review
- Bourjois Wet/Dry Eye Shadow (Ombre A Paupieres) Review
- 11 Bourjois Eyeliner Photos & Swatches
- 6 Bourjois Blushes Photos & Swatches