“To be beautiful is the birthright of every woman” – Elizabeth Arden
My earliest recollection of this apricot coloured balm is when my mum used to put it on our cuts, scrapes, ringworm and eczema. It was only 3 years back when I was shopping with a friend for her wedding that I renewed this ’8 hour’ relationship.
So this friend of mine well, she had developed some killer eczema on her ears due to an allergic reaction courtesy – artificial jewellery. She was suffering for almost a year and it was looking and getting worse day by day, inspite of seeing a dermatologist. We were browsing at the Elizabeth Arden counter and I suddenly saw the product my mother used to use for us. Back then the cream was only available in a little brown pot. So I got her to apply some all over the eczema and the SA gave us a little bit more in a little dabba to take home. You will not believe it if I told you that two days later there was not a drop of eczema on her ears. I was zapped at the immediate results…. (Ladies, This is no work of fiction but based on a real life incident )
About Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant:-
Ms. Arden founded this concoction in 1930 and used it to sooth her thoroughbred horses’ bruises. The product name, ‘Eight Hour Cream’ got its name from a loyal customer who claimed that the cream helped heal her son’s scraped knee in just eight hours. It comes in a white flip tube, proving to be very hygienic. The smell is like medicine and although it doesn’t put me off it might not be a plus point for others. But be not dismayed ye who are sensitive to certain smells – they have a ‘fragrance free’ version but only available abroad!
Also check out Bourjois Baume De Nuit Night Lip Balm Review
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant Swatch
Below are a few of Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant’s multiple benefits:
- Skin Protection – It is an intensive hydrator that moisturizes and calms skin irritations, chapped, cracked or dry skin caused by medicinal reactions, allergies, dry/hot winds, central heating and air conditioning, constant water/chemical abuse and lack of care. It heals eczema too.
- Vanity – I believe the amazing shiny skin that you see on the legs and hands of models can be attributed to this product. It’s a favorite of makeup artists. Use it as a high lighter for your eyelids, cheekbones and a drop as gloss for your lips. It delivers amazing sheen for longgggggg time!
- Apply a dot of it over your eyebrows to tame and define them.
- Keep your rough, dry elbows and cuticles soft and your cracked rough heels in good shape. It will seal in moisture so apply it at night on your hands and feet and sleep wearing gloves and socks. Wake up to fab healed skin in the morning. If you can’t find gloves buy a pair of pure cotton socks and use it only for your hands. No pain no gain!
- Come in from the sun and relieve minor sunburn.
- Put it on your lips before you apply a matte lipstick or even a very pigmented one to protect your lips from discolouration. Smokers this one is for you.
- Never will you have worry about the dry and flaky skin around your nose when you have a cold because this amazing product is going to prevent that. Apply liberally and as often as needed when ever and where ever!
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant Blended Swatch
Key Ingredients of Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant:
- Petrolatum: A universally acknowledged intensive moisturizer that also soothes and protects the skin.
- Salicylic Acid: It gently exfoliates to encourage smoother skin and is used for the treatment of acne, psoriasis, calluses, corns and our faithful friend – Mr. Blackhead! It causes the cells of the epidermis to shed more readily, opening clogged pores and neutralizing bacteria within, preventing pores from clogging up again by constricting pore diameter, and allowing room for new cell growth
It helps eczema because Salicylic acid breaks down the keratin in the hardened and thickened skin, helping to shed skin cells from the area to which it is applied. Skin can better absorb the medicine because it softens scaly skin.
- Vitamin E: Acts as an antioxidant to help protect the skin from free-radical damage. It is easily absorbed by the skin and has soothing properties.
Other Active Ingredients : (Each gram contains) Petrolatum 568 Mg (Skin Protectant) Inactive Ingredients: Lanolin, Mineral Oil, Tocopherol, BHT, Salicylic Acid, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Vegetable Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Fragrance, Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides
In India the following ’8 hour’ products are available:
Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick SPF 15. Rs. 810 for 8gm
Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick Sheer Tint SPF 15. Rs. 910 (colours available are pink, honey and plum) for 8 gms
Eight Hour Cream Intensive Moisturising Hand Treatment. Rs. 790 for 30ml
Eight Hour Cream Intensive Moisturising Body Treatment. Rs. 1430 for 200ml
Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant. ( flip tube) Rs. 810 for 50gms
Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant. Red glass jar. Rs. 900 for 50gms
Eight Hour Cream Intensive Daily Moisturizer for Face SPF 15 Sunscreen PA+++. Rs. 1900 for 50ml
Eight Hour Cream Targeted Sun Defence lotion SPF Sunscreen 50 PA+++. Rs. 1700 for 50gms
They also have an ‘Eight Hour Cream 100th Anniversary Celebration Set” in a lovely red (after the red door) magnetic box featuring the fabulous Eight hour skin protectant (50 gms) along with 2 lip protectants (12.6 gms each) in little silver tubs. It retails at Rs. 1500
It may seem a bit pricy but I think it’s worth every penny. May be someone living abroad or returning can get it from ‘DUTY FREE’.
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant Lip Swatch
Pros of Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant:
- Heals skin ailments
- Hydrates and seals in moisture
- After all this, were you still looking for a 4th pro?
Cons of Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant:
- The strong medicinal smell for some
Have you tried Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant?
You may like reading these-
- Elizabeth Arden Blush Sugar Plum Review & Swatches
- Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue Eau De Parfum Review
- 16 Red,Pink & Beige MAC Lipstick Photos & Swatches
- MAC Breezy Blush: Review , Swatches & FOTD
- MAC 190 Foundation Brush Review
- Gucci Envy Perfume Review /Gucci Envy Eau De Toilette
- Khadi Shampoo – Khadi Saffron Reetha Protein Herbal Shampoo Review
- Olay Total Effects Cream Cleanser Review