Just when you thought I’m done reviewing all my lip balms, here comes one more! Just can’t seem to have enough of them! But I feel really guilty when I hoard. So I’ve given away a few to my mom, sis, etc. and by the time I’m done typing this review, I’ll probably be on the look-out for the next one like the Revlon Color Burst Lip butter for instance .
God help me!!
About Himalaya Herbals Natural Moisturizing Lip Butter
- A unique and luxurious blend of exotic butters that provides nourishing care, keeping your lips supple, smooth and healthy all day long.
- Cocoa butter contains Vitamin E that soothes and hydrates, preventing your lips from moisture loss.
- Sal butter moisturizes and softens lips.
- Kokum butter helps prevent lips from chapping.
- Mango butter rejuvenates the skin and helps minimize lip wrinkles.
Ricinus communis Seed Oil, Cocos nucifera Oil, Beeswax, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Flavour, Theobroma cacao Seed Butter, Tocopherol, Garcinia indica Seed Butter, Mangifera indica Seed Butter, Shorea Robusta Seed Butter
- Quantity: 10gms
- Price: INR125(Got it from stylecraze at discount and free shipping )
- Directions: Apply evenly & liberally on your lips, as often as needed.
The lip butter comes in a plastic tub with an aqua green screw-top lid. There is an additional white lid with a raised flap covering the mouth of the tub. This ensures the product stays fresh and there’s no question of leakage or the product messing the lid. This does mean that you end up having to open two lids each time you apply…but I guess it’s a small price to pay to ensure the product stays clean Also the tub comes sealed in a blister packaging backed with all the product details.
Also check out Lip Butter any one ? – Body shop sweet lemon lip butter
My Experience with Himalaya Lip Butter
The lip butter is translucent white… pretty much like petroleum jelly. Consistency is thick yet buttery soft and it doesn’t feel overly greasy on the lips. It melts on contact and spreads easily. Though it smells of cocoa butter, there is no discernible flavor after application. Also, the fragrance is very mellow. Unlike a lot of lip butters, this does not leave a thick white cast on the lips. (Read The Body Shop shea lip butter review here) It gives lips a subtle sheen and is great for those who don’t like their lip balms to be super shiny and glossy. It lasts for 2 hours or more on my dry lips. So if you have normal lips this will keep them hydrated really long. Since it is non-tinted, I thought it can easily be worn under lipsticks without disturbing the original color of the lippie. But because it does not get fully absorbed and just “sits” on top of the lips, the lipstick tends to bleed and fade faster. It hydrates well but takes time to heal cracked lips. I like using this at night before going to bed and I wake up to soft, plump lips.
What I like about Himalaya Lip Butter:
- Hygienic blister packaging with complete product details
- Additional lid with flap keeps product fresh and leak-proof
- Non-tinted with unisex packaging (guys, this is for you)
- Smooth buttery consistency that melts on contact with skin
- Hydrates well and does not feel very oily
- No heavy white cast
- Gives lips a healthy sheen without being overly glossy
- Mild cocoa butter fragrance that does not linger
- One tub will last long since you need very little product
- Lovely list of ingredients…all herbal with no harmful chemicals
- Free from petroleum, silicones, artificial colors and preservatives
- Hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested
- Reasonably priced for the quantity
- Easily available
What I don’t like about Himalaya Lip Butter:
- Tub packaging requires sanitized hands before each use and those with long nails will not appreciate dipping their fingers in to scoop out product.
- Causes lipsticks to bleed when worn underneath (unless you’re using a really matte one).
- No SPF
- Some may not like the thick consistency esp. in summer
Overall, this lip butter hydrates and nourishes well. I feel it works great as an overnight balm since it does not have SPF and I prefer using tinted and flavored ones during the day . A point to note is that I’ve only used this in summer so I have no idea if this will be as effective when winter says hello
Have you tried Himalaya Lip Butter?
You may like reading these:
- Himalaya Revitalizing Night Cream Reviews
- Himalaya Herbals Intensive Face Moisturizing Lotion Review
- Himalaya Herbals Intensive Moisturising Body Lotion Review
- Himalaya Herbals Deep Cleansing Milk Review
- Himalaya Herbals Fairness Face Pack Review
- Walnut Scrub – Himalaya Herbal Gentle Exfoliating Walnut Scrub Review
- Himalaya Herbals Fairness Face Pack Review
- Himalaya Herbal Neem Face Pack Review, Price And Swatches
- Himalaya Herbal Hair Loss Cream review, price, swatches and photos
- Hair conditoner – Himalaya Protein conditioner (Product review )
- HIimalaya kajal /Kajal kohl (Product review and swatches)