- Quantity: 210 ml
- Price: INR 115
I’ve heard a lot about Khadi products but have never tried them before. You don’t see them in many stores but many online-shopping websites stock a lot of products from this brand. So, I got a few products from stylecraze and this is the first one that I used. Let’s see how well it fared. If you want to know more about the range of products that Khadi has, you can read this
About Khadi Orange Gel Face Wash:-
An orange and honey based face wash which cleanses the skin and gives nourishment to the skin. Ideal preparation for face and hand wash.
- Shelf life: 24 months from mfg date
- Ingredients – Each kg contains:Citrus Reticulata Blanco 20g, Honey 10ml, Rubia Cordifolia 10g, Glycerin 10ml, Base 490ml, Preservative 2.5g & Purified Water to make one kilogram.
- Packaging: Rub intro wet face and hand, massage well and wash off. Packaging: At first glance, it reminded me of Mirinda! Not sure if that’s coz I’m perennially thirsty in this heat . Anyways, the product comes in a transparent, squeezy, plastic bottle with a black flip-top lid. I like that the bottle is flexible since it is going to be of great use once I’m halfway through the bottle. Like all Khadi products, packaging is superbly boring to look at yet comfortable to use. The only issue is that the mouth of the bottle could have been smaller. Initially, when the bottle is full, it dispenses way too much product and you have to be very careful while handling it to avoid spilling a truckload of soap onto your hands. (Please excuse the minor exaggeration )
My experience with Khadi Orange Gel Face Wash:-
I was really looking forward to using this since it is such a lovely bright orange and it really wakes u up by just looking at it. So it is no wonder that I assumed it would smell of freshly squeezed oranges and that would be oh-so-perfect to use this summer. Wrong! It smells exactly like detergent! Don’t get me wrong, it’s not foul smelling. It’s just that I like this fragrance on washed clothes and not on my face It says somewhere in the middle of the bottle in teeny-tiny print that you have to shake well before use. Frankly, I didn’t read it earlier and only discovered it while preparing this review. I don’t see why couldn’t they have just written it under “method of use”? Shaking the bottle causes the liquid to form tiny bubbles that really does make it look exactly like orange soda. Gawd! I’m thirsty now!! Anyways, I don’t see why we have to do all the shaking since the liquid doesn’t separate or cloud and it makes no difference whatsoever?
Consistency is a bit runny but not too watery. It lathers really well and feels very light as opposed to creamy face washes. Skin felt slightly slippery even though I kept splashing water again and again and rubbing vigorously to remove all traces of the face wash. But I soon realized it was unnecessary since after I patted my face dry with a towel, there was no residue. It removed all grease and grime and left my skin clean and soft to touch. There was no stretchy feeling or dry patches. It is claimed that this can double-up as a hand wash as well. Nice concept but I really wish it could be used as a body wash and shampoo as well C’mon…I like multi-tasking products
What I like about Khadi Orange Gel Face Wash
- Squeezy bottle with flip-top cap
- Energizing orange color
- Lathers well
- Cleanses nicely
- Does not make skin feel stretchy or dry
- Can also be used as a hand wash
- Will suit all skin types
- Reasonably priced for the quantity
- One bottle will last really long
What I don’t like about Khadi Orange Gel Face Wash
- Mouth of the bottle could have been smaller to avoid dispensing too much product.
- Wish it didn’t smell of detergent and smelt of oranges instead
- Ingredients list is incomplete and the 1st ingredient is spelt wrong. They have not specified the preservatives used (parabens for sure). And what’s in the “base” that amounts to 490ml??
Final Verdict: This is a very average face wash. It is not too bad but isn’t very impressive either. Things like fragrance and packaging are feel-good factors for me when I use a product and this doesn’t satisfy any of those. But this is just my personal opinion, so do give it a try and see for yourself
Have you tried Khadi Orange Gel Face Wash Review?
You might also enjoy reading also:-