I am in love with this colour and that is the simple reason why I will be reviewing this lipstick today. The best thing about this lipstick for me is that it’s apt for both daywear as well as a nightwear. I have received compliments for it and many people have asked me what colour it over the last couple of months. I bought it from a Lakme counter, where I also purchased another shade but this one is my absolute favourite (hehe!).
The first thing I like about the lipstick is the package. It’s sleek, sturdy and does not open very easily, making it travel friendly. I like the silver look and the classy feel it has. The one thing I don’t like is that the list of ingredients is not given with the lipstick, so I don’t know what’s going into this one.
- Price: – INR 395/- currently. When I purchased it, it was 375/- .
Now, for the colour. It is a lovely mauve-pink with antique gold shimmer. Generally I don’t like shimmer lipsticks very much, because they tend to smear and bleed, but this one is awesome. It stays for a good period of time and it DOES NOT BLEED all over my mouth which is a major bonus for me.
The lipstick is not very creamy, but it glides on without a problem. It does make my lips a bit dry, so I have resorted to using a plain lip balm on my lips first before applying the lipstick. It does not bleed, which is a good thing. The other thing I love is the way this colour stays for about 3-4 hours if I do not eat anything. If I do, it fades slightly but leaves a tint which lasts another hour. By NO MEANS does this lippie stay for more than 4-5 hours, so forget the 16-hour claim ladies. However, this is actually a good thing for me because I have an excuse to go to the loo at work to freshen up. This is a good option for those who want a classy, slightly neutral shade of lipstick and have fair or wheat coloured skin. This lipstick also looks good on dusky beauties and is a shade of pink that will suit most Indian skin tones, so that is a good thing. It is well pigmented so one or two coats is enough. Also, once this lippie settles on your lips (yes, it does that) it smudges way lower than other lipsticks. For me, an ardent fan of non-transferable lipsticks, this alone is the reason why I would buy it again. It also does not settle in fine lines, which is another bonus.
Here are the swatches of Lakme Absolute Matte Lip Colour 201 Pure Glam Lipstick:
- Read -Lakme Absolute Baked Blush Day SheerBlush
Now for the colour. I have made this swatch in daylight, outside. This one is without flash.
This one is with flash, inside.
But check this lipstick out on my extremely unkempt lips for now. One of the things I discovered while doing this review is that I suck at taking pictures of me.
With flash, inside.
Without Flash, outside
Without flash, in the night.
What I like about Lakme Absolute Matte Lip Colour 201 Pure Glam Lipstick:-
- Its packaging is nice
- Very easy to apply, and once it settles id doesn’t feel it is there
- Does not smudge much once it sets and mostly non-transferable
- I like the citrusy smell it has
- Stays on for 3-4 hours, which is more than what I can say about other lippies on my lips
- Is a classy, sexy colour that goes with most skin tones
- It is matte and so it can be worn to work
- Not a colour that is too loud or disturbing
- Available virtually everywhere and also online
What do I not like about Lakme Absolute Matte Lip Colour 201 Pure Glam Lipstick:
- Its claim to be 16 hour stay is false
- Its smell might not be the thing for everyone
- Dries out my lips a bit, so wearing a lip balm underneath is a good idea
- Moderately expensive
- No list of ingredients are provided with the lippie
Overall Rating -4/5
Have you tried Lakme Absolute Matte Lip Colour 201 Pure Glam Lipstick?
You may also enjoy reading:
- Lakme Nine To Five Forever Silk Eyeliner Gypsy Green Review And Swatches
- Lakme Sun Expert Cucumber & Lemon Grass Fairness Sunscreen Review
- Lakme Enrich Satin Lipstick Shade As Blush +FOTD
- Lakme Launches 9 to 5 Silk Eyeliner And Kohl Ultimate
- Lakme Shimmer Liner Midnight Moon Review
- Lakme Sun Expert Cucumber & Lemon Grass Face Wash Review
- Best Product From Lakme Fantasy Collection
- Best Lakme Foundation
- 2 Lakme Cheek Artist Blush Photos & Swatches
- 5 Lakme Fantasy Collection Shimmer Liner Photos & Swatches
- Lakme Sun Expert Fairness Body Sunscreen Review
- 4 Lakme Fantasy Collection Shadow Artist Shimmer Stick Photos & Swatches