I mentioned earlier that I love bronzers and contouring products like crazy. I first picked the Smashbox contouring Kit to begin with and after that bought others like TheBalm Bahama Mama, Benefit Hoola and the NYX Contour and Highlighting Kit as well. But greed never quite goes away does it? So during one of my sojourns to the MAC store, when the MUA showed me this Matte Bronzer, I was sold! I am absolutely incapable of saying ‘No’ to a good matte bronzer and I’ve been using this for over 2 months now and am really impressed with this.
About MAC Bronzing Powder Matte Bronze:-
This compact gives you great glow without the usual metallic sheen. “It’s good because there’s no sparkle,” says Jake Bailey, a makeup artist based in N.Y.C. and L.A. “It’s not too orangey, so it’s great for contouring.”
- Price: INR1350
- Quantity: 10g
MAC Bronzing Powder Matte Bronze Ingredients:-
My take on the MAC Bronzing Powder in Matte Bronze: –
- Packaging: This bronzing powder comes in a compact form with a mirror. It’s very sturdy and easy to carry around. It doesn’t come with a brush.
- Color: The shade is brown and just 2 shades darker than my actual skin color. Hence, this doesn’t look unnatural and I can even get away with lesser blending. This is a boon since with other darker contour powders I end up having to blend a lot more for a buffed out look.
- Pigmentation & Texture: This powder is soft but firm. Hence, there is nil fallout and the powder is easy to blend out.
- Staying Power: It stays for an average duration of about 4-5hrs. But I do wish it would stay for longer.
- Application: I use this for contouring. I use my Ambika Pillai contouring brush or my Bare Ecsentuals Contouring brush to apply this in all the areas which catch the sunlight:
- the hollows on my cheeks & temples (to make the face appear slimmer)
- below my chin (to conceal a double chin)
- on the jaw line (for a sculpted jaw)
- on the sides on my nose (to make the nose appear slim)
Pros of MAC Bronzing Powder in Matte Bronze:-
- 10gms is a lot of product and I wonder if it will ever get over
- I love this and this has to be my most fav bronzers/ contour powder
- Good pigmentation
- For the first time, I got a contour shade which suits me perfectly and is is perfect for daily wear.
- It isn’t as dark as to risk the ‘Chocolate Bar’ look
- Blends easily
- Staying power is decent
- The quantity is worh the price.
- Comes with a mirror which is quite handy
- Can be used as a contour powder as well as a blush/bronzer
- It really is matte and has no shimmer
- Soft texture.
Cons of MAC Bronzing Powder in Matte Bronze:-
- I wish it would last longer
- Pigmentation: 4.5/5
- Texture: 5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 4.5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 4.5/5
Have you tried MAC Bronzing Powder Matte Bronze?
You may also like reading these also:-
- MAC #187 Duo Fiber Stippling Brush Review
- Must Have MAC lipsticks To Be Worn To Office
- MAC Off Shoot Lipstick :Review,Swatches & FOTD
- MAC Juxt Eyeshadow:Review,Swatch,FOTD
- 20 MAC Powder Blush Swatches
- MAC Flirt & Tease, MAC Breath Of Plum, MAC Plum Foolery & More Swatches
- MAC Semi Precious Feeling Flush Mineralize Blush Review
- MAC Semi Precious Unsurpassable Eyeshadow:Swatches,Review
- MAC Studio Fix Or MAC Mineralize Skin Or Mac Prolong Wear
- MAC Overrich Lipstick
- MAC Slimshine in Missy
- MAC Craving Lipstick
- MAC Funtabulous Dazzleglass
- MAC Viva Glam Cyndi
- MAC Capricious Lipstick