I always used to see the Prep n Prime range at MAC and ignore them thinking that they were overhyped for the price. I was actually too scared to go to that counter for fear of being overwhelmed. But then once while chattin with Taveer on Twitter about the staying power of my lipsticks, she happened to mention the MAC Lip Prep n Prime and told me she’d been using it since ages and asked me to give it a try. So the next time I was at MAC, I decided to try it out. The MUA first asked me to apply a Matte finish lipstick which sort of dragged on my lips while applying and within 10mins made my lips look pruney. Then she wiped that out and applied the prep n prime. After a minute she followed this with the same lipstick and Voila!! It slid on so beautifully and stayed on my lips even when I reached home at 7pm that evening. And the best thing is that it was after more than 6hrs of wear that the lipstick just began to look dry…otherwise for the entire day, my lips felt moisturized and silky! SO that was that and I picked it up. I’ve been using it for about 3mts now and think this is the perfect time to review it!
About MAC Lip Prep n Prime:-
A colour-free base to wear under lipstick. Adds light moisture, smoothes and refines the lips. Improves the appearance of applied lip products.
- Size: 1.7gms
- Price: 1000 INR
My experience with MAC Lip Prep n Prime :-
- Packaging: This looks like a chapstick with its long twist up tube packaging with the white colored product. It’s black in color much like all the other MAC products.
- Color: The product looks like a traditional white chapstick without even the mildest hint of color.
- Texture: It goes on just as easy as any chapstick and feels very silky on my lips. It doesn’t leave a white residue or a whitecast at all.
- Fragrance: This smells like vanilla which I love.
- Staying Power: This prolongs the staying power of my lipstick to a huge extent. If a MAC amplified lipstick usually stays 3hrs on my lips alone, then with this underneath, the lipstick lasts about 5hrs easily.
My Verdict: MAC Lip Prep & Prime:-
I cant thank Tans enough for introducing me to this wonder product. I never had a problem with less staying power since I reapply lipsticks quite frequently. But my main problem was that doing so, just seemed to dry out my lips and give them that pruney feel. So this Lip Prep n Prime really has worked miracles for me. I feel like it intensifies the color and also makes lip lips all soft and moisturized.
The way I usually use this is that I apply it right after using my TM and then right in the end after my blush and eyeliner is applied, I apply my lipstick over it. So this gives it time to settle in nicely and moisturize my lips.
What I like about MAC Lip Prep n Prime:-
- Enables me to wear lipstick finishes I usually hesitate wearing
- Perfect for dry lips like mine
- Intensifies the color of the lipstick
- Doesn’t leave a white cast or white residue on application
- Prolongs the stay of the lipstick
- Hygienic packaging
- Compact and travel friendly.
What I don’t like about MAC Lip Prep n Prime:-
- Finishes soon
- Moisturizing: 4.5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 4/5
- Availability: 4.5/5
- Price vs. Value: 3/5
Have you tried MAC Lip Prep & Prime ?
You may also like reading:
- My MAC Haul
- MAC #187 Duo Fiber Stippling Brush Review
- Must Have MAC lipsticks To Be Worn To Office
- MAC Off Shoot Lipstick :Review,Swatches & FOTD
- MAC Juxt Eyeshadow:Review,Swatch,FOTD
- 20 MAC Powder Blush Swatches
- MAC Flirt & Tease, MAC Breath Of Plum, MAC Plum Foolery & More Swatches
- MAC Semi Precious Feeling Flush Mineralize Blush Review
- MAC Semi Precious Unsurpassable Eyeshadow:Swatches,Review
- MAC Studio Fix Or MAC Mineralize Skin Or Mac Prolong Wear
- MAC Overrich Lipstick
- MAC Slimshine in Missy
- MAC Craving Lipstick
- MAC Funtabulous Dazzleglass
- MAC Viva Glam Cyndi