By now everyone would know that I’m a sucker for sheer lipsticks. This obsession started with the L’oreal Nutri-Riche lipstick in Sheer Papaya and this was about a year back. And the love continues The last time we had our Pune Blogger meet in April, I walked into MAC wanting to get Fastplay. As usual they didn’t have it so I turned my interest to Amorous. While swatching it, I caught sight of See Sheer and decided to try both. I loved both ofcourse but since I wanted to get just one (I had to blush with the remaining cash u see ) I turned to Paro and Shivi with Amorous on my upper lip and See Sheer on my lower lip..and yes, I did make a funny sight Since both gals squealed and said ‘See Sheer!’ it kinda sealed the deal for me and I walked out with See Sheer And Man! I do love it! I can’t fathom why I didn’t try this out before!
About MAC Lipstick in See Sheer:-
- Color: See Sheer is a light orangey coral. The color is a muted one so it doesn’t look loud at all. The finish ensures it looks glossy but it has no shimmer or glitter.
- Price: INR990
- Coverage & Pigmentation: This lipstick is a light to medium coverage lipstick and covers up most of the pigmentation on my lips. The corners of my lips tend to be darker and this lightens it up quite a bit. Pigmentation is amazing and the hand swatch below is just a single swipe!
Swatches Of MAC Lipstick See Sheer:-
- Texture: MAC Lustre finishes are quite light and silky and this is no exception. But yes, I felt this to be a tad bit creamier than the other Lustre finish lipsticks like Sweetie. But even then, this doesn’t settle into my lip lines at all.
- Fragrance: It has the trademark Vanilla fragrance which accompanies every MAC lipstick.
- Staying Power: This stays for about 3 hrs on my lips and even when it fades, it leaves a coral tint behind.
I LOVE this shade. I know I say this about a lot of my lipsticks and blushes but this is serious business. This shade is perfect for the summer when I hate wearing darker or deeper shades. Just the sight of them make me feel icky and heavy. These kinda shades look light and puts a spring in my step It even makes me feel all fresh and glowy.
Additionally, I should also mention that this is a lovely light coral shade which a lot of us would like. Those like me who are wary of deep orangey lipsticks would find this to be the perfect way to enjoy both world
Blush Recco: This lipstick can be easily paired with practically any blush, but I especially love pairing this lipstick with MAC Peaches Blush, Faces burnt Sienna, NYX mosaic blush in Love or MAC Pinched blush. Any of these blushes paired with this lipstick just serves to enhance each other.
All in all, this isn’t like one of those ‘Must-Hav’ shades but yet is a lovely hue to have in your kitty for those days when a Sheer Coral just brightens up your entire day
What I like about MAC Lipstick in See Sheer:-
- I have never ever seen a better orangey-coral lipstick which is so wearable.
- Doesn’t look loud at all.
- Has light to medium coverage
- Is creamy even though its a Lustre finish
- Staying power is decent
- Perfect summer / day shade
- A great lippy to pair with alotta blushes
- Would suit most skin tones
- Doesn’t settle into my lip lines.
What I don’t like about MAC Lipstick in See Sheer:-
- Will not cover up heavily pigmented lips
- Pigmentation: 4/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 4/5
- Availability: 4/5
- Price vs. Value: 5/5
Have you tried MAC Lipstick See Sheer?
You would also like reading:-
- MAC #187 Duo Fiber Stippling Brush Review
- Must Have MAC lipsticks To Be Worn To Office
- MAC Off Shoot Lipstick :Review,Swatches & FOTD
- MAC Juxt Eyeshadow:Review,Swatch,FOTD
- 20 MAC Powder Blush Swatches
- MAC Flirt & Tease, MAC Breath Of Plum, MAC Plum Foolery & More Swatches
- MAC Semi Precious Feeling Flush Mineralize Blush Review
- MAC Semi Precious Unsurpassable Eyeshadow:Swatches,Review
- MAC Studio Fix Or MAC Mineralize Skin Or Mac Prolong Wear
- MAC Overrich Lipstick
- MAC Slimshine in Missy
- MAC Craving Lipstick
- MAC Funtabulous Dazzleglass
- MAC Viva Glam Cyndi