A lot of you must recall the number of times I’ve spoken about my brother wrt my MAC buys. This time however, I’m back with a blush which I got from my hubs…or rather wheedled out of him Remember I mentioned the Nubile Paintpot and the Deliciously Forbidden Lippy I got from the Posh Paradise Collection 2mts earlier? I got this blush along with the lippy which was quite a shock to my better half..Why? Because dragged him to the store for the lipstick only…and then ofcourse I couldn’t resist the blushes…and in the end he couldn’t resist my puppy-dog look But all’s well that ends well and I got my MAC Blush in Peaches!!!
- Price: INR 1100 & 980 for the refill
- Quantity: 6g
My take on the MAC Peaches Blush: –
- Color: The blush may look a bit scary at first sight but don’t worry…it doesn’t look so orange on the face. It’s a sheer, true coral shade without any shimmer.
- Pigmentation & Texture: The blush is sheertone finish and is a sheer matte shade. It’s soft and goes on easily on the cheeks. But one has to remember that this is a SHEER blush so don’t expect a dense color. It’s like applying a wash of color to the cheeks as opposed to actual color(I hope this isn’t too confusing)
- Staying Power: This blush stays for about 4hrs on me and then starts fading. This is by far the only disappointing factor coz although I love reapplying liptick again and again, I don’t do the same with blushes. This does leave a coral tint while fading but I miss the dense color this gives initially.
- Application: I use a normal round blush brush and apply the shade to the sides on my cheeks towards my temples in a ‘C’ shape. I ensure I buff out the color well so that no harsh lines are visible.
I’m again stressing on the point that this blush provides a sheer wash of color on the face. I’m repeating this because earlier, I’d read on a lot of blogs that this shade isn’t worth it because there’s hardly any color to it. This is absolutely wrong. This shade is the most gorgeous of corals and I would recommend this to all blush lovers as well as newbies. Since this is sheer, there’s lesser danger of going overboards so one can breathe easy and use a free hand during application.
Another thing I’d like to point out is that it’s a good idea to try this out before buying. On me NC/NW 30-35 skintone, this looks like an unadulterated orange coral shade. But when I tried it on a friend who’s on the duskier side, it looks more peachy than coral. So do try it out and don’t go purely by the color in the pan.
What I like about MAC Peaches Blush:-
- The shade is amazing..Its a true coral shade which every girl should own.
- I love the fact that it has no shimmer. I can wear this easily to work.
- Can be built up.
- Not a risky shade at all. Even a Coral newbie will find this easy to wear.
- Hardly any fallout
- Easy to blend
- Despite being a matte shade this doesn’t make my skin look dry like some matte blushes
- Can be used as an eyeshadow too
- Good staying power
- Can be built up quite nicely.
- Suits both, Fair light and dusky skin but will look different on both.
- Refills are way cheaper than the potted ones.
What I like about MAC Peaches Blush:-
- Wish it stayed on longer than 4hrs.
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Texture: 5/5
- Staying Power: 4.55/5
- Price vs. Quality: 4/5
Have you tried MAC Peached Blush ?
You may also like reading:-
- MAC #187 Duo Fiber Stippling Brush Review
- Must Have MAC lipsticks To Be Worn To Office
- MAC Off Shoot Lipstick :Review,Swatches & FOTD
- MAC Juxt Eyeshadow:Review,Swatch,FOTD
- 20 MAC Powder Blush Swatches
- MAC Cubic Blush, MAC Gingerly Blush, MAC Pinch Me, MAC Peach Twist Swatches
- MAC Swoon Pink Blush, MAC Fleur Powder, MAC Pinch O’Peach Swatches
- MAC Deep Truth Eyeshadow :Review, Swatches & EOTD
- MAC Well Dressed, MAC Breezy, MAC Dolly Mix, MAC Coy Girl Swatches
- MAC Flirt & Tease, MAC Breath Of Plum, MAC Plum Foolery & More Swatches
- MAC Semi Precious Feeling Flush Mineralize Blush Review
- MAC Semi Precious Unsurpassable Eyeshadow:Swatches,Review
- MAC Studio Fix Or MAC Mineralize Skin Or Mac Prolong Wear
- MAC Overrich Lipstick
- MAC Slimshine in Missy
- MAC Craving Lipstick
- MAC Funtabulous Dazzleglass
- MAC Viva Glam Cyndi