I first spotted lipstick is pencil form when Lakme came up with them. I ‘d picked up 2-3 at the time but then all shades were matte and didn’t look good on me. Moreover, all the shades in Lakme were dark and I wanted some lighter everyday shades. Hence started my search…I saw some Clinique ones on some blogs but then I don’t think they’re available here…Plus, they were really pricey online so I resumed my search. I saw these in a youtube video and loved the colors. So after a short search I got a pretty good deal and picked up these 3 Stila Lip Glaze Sticks along with a free sharpener from Ebay
About Stila Lip Glaze Sticks:-
- A rich, moisturizing pencil lipstick
- Gives soft & brilliant color
- Leaves you a seductive look with a luminous pout
- High level of pearl content adds extra shine
- Contains same flavors & hues as popular Stila Lip Glaze
Stile Lip Glaze Lipstick Ingredients:-
Polybutene, Isocetyl Stearate, Ozokerite, Paraffin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tin Oxide, Flavor (Aroma), Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Farnesol, Citral, Benzyl Salicylate, Eugenol, Cinnamal, Linalool, May Contain (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 21 (CI 45380), Red 21 Lake (CI 45380), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 27 (CI 45410), Red 28 (CI 45410), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 (CI 73360), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 (CI 17200), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005)Polybutene, Isocetyl Stearate, Ozokerite, Paraffin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tin Oxide, Flavor (Aroma), Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Farnesol, Citral, Benzyl Salicylate, Eugenol, Cinnamal, Linalool
My experience with Stila Lip Glaze Sticks:-
- Packaging: These lip glazes come in pencil form with a transparent lid. I find this lid quite flimsy though and easy to shatter….These pencils also need to be sharpened and are not retractable. I got the sharpener free with 3 of these..Yey!!
- Colors: Plum is a sheer plummy shade and a little bit like Capricious. On my lips it looks a bit more brown with plum(Check out best of Plum Blushes here) undertones. Fruit Punch is a Plum-pink shade with blue undertones. It has tiny pink shimmers and is a medium coverage lippy. Orange is my fav and an out an out orange shade. Thank god it’s sheer or else I’d never be able to pick up the guts to use it!
- Price: $5.88 each
- Coverage & Pigmentation: Plum is a minimal coverage kinda lippy but Orange and Fruit Punch both provide medium coverage. It covers up minor pigmentation as well. Of all 3, Plum is the only only which I need to swipe 3-4 times to get sufficiently visible color on my lips. . The others glide like butter while spreading the gorgeous color on their way.
- Texture: The lip glaze sticks are all like gloss in a pencil form. It’s like applying a jelly on my lips in fact.
- Staying Power: These behave like typical glosses(Check out NYX mood lip glosses) and don’t stay longer than 2.5hrs on my lips. Orange however, by virtue of bring such a bright shade stays for longer and leave a nice coral tint behind.
I had been craving these pencil lipsticks and I’m glad I bought these. Of the 3, I probably wudn’t repurchase Plum. The color is so similar to my actual lip color that it isn’t even visible. Orange is definitely my fav and I’d love to have this sort of a sheer orange coral in my stash always!
What I like about Stila Lip Glaze Sticks:-
- I love how inventive the pencil design is.
- Has an ok staying power for a gloss
- I love Orange and how wearable it is.
- Doesn’t sink into my lips
- Decent pigmentation for a gloss
- Is so glossy and pretty
- Not streaky
- Vast number of shades available
What I don’t like about Stila Lip Glaze Sticks:-
- Availability in India is an issue.
- I hate that I have to sharpen it
- Plum doesn’t quite look right on me.
- Lid is fragile and can break easily
- Pigmentation: 4/5
- Packaging: 3.5/5
- Staying Power: 3.5/5
- Availability: 3/5
- Price vs. Value: 4/5
Have you tried Stila Lip Glaze Sticks Plum, Fruit Punch & Orange ?
You may also like to read these also:-
- Bobbi Brown Blush Sand Pink:Review,Swatches
- Faces Metaliglow 03, 01, 02 Photos & Swatches
- La Vie en Rose (Life through rose colored glass)The Rosy Flush(Makeup tutorial)
- 15 Color Camouflage Concealer MakeUp Pro Palette Kit Review
- Blog Sale
- Blog Sale Sneak Peak
- Estee Lauder Introduces Cyber White Brilliant Cells
- Stila Illuminating Finishing Powder in Rose Gold:Review,Swatches
- Stila Smudge Pot Gel Liner in ultraviolet