Earlier in April, I’d been out with Shivangi to Phoenix Mall and during our trip to TBS, for the first time ever, I was tempted by the cosmetics instead of their skin care. I totally wanted to try their lipsticks and I picked this one along with the Pink ginger lipstick from a different range.
I picked this without looking at anything except the shade. Seeing yet another sheer shade filled me with such temptation that I didn’t look at anything else. It was only after reaching home and showing it to my Hubs that he pointed out, ‘ You paid 620 bucks for just 2gms of lipstick??’ This kinda punctured all the air out of me but ahh well, the damage was done and I figured I might as well enjoy it..
About The Body Shop Delipscious Lip Color in Sheer Raspberry:-
Sheer moisturising Lip Colour with a fruity flavour. Made with food-grade ingredients, including natural blueberry and pomegranate seed oils.
- Ingredients: Delipscious Sheer Lip Colour contains Community Trade cocoa butter. The Community Trade cocoa butter we use in our Delipscious lip range comes from cocoa pods that are hand-harvested by local farmers in northern Ghana. First, the beans are individually checked for quality and purity. Then they are scooped out and left to ferment for a week. Once dried, the finest beans are selected to be ground and pressed into rich, moisturising butter
- Color: Have you had that childhood moment when you were eating pomegranates and smashed the seeds into your mouth only to find out later that you lips carried the red tint on them for a looooong time? This shade reminds me of that exactly. It’s a sheer pomegranate kinda shade and is super glossy.
- Price: INR 620 for 2gm (Tauba – Tauba!)
- Coverage & Pigmentation: This is a sheer lippy to begin with and doesn’t really provide any coverage whatsoever! Its just a light wash of color for my lips.
- Texture: This has one of the best textures ever. Its so soft and glides easily on my lips. And even though its so soft, it doesn’t melt like NYX round lippies do. This is a non-sticky formula that reminds me more of a lip balm than a lipstick
- Fragrance: This has a fruity smell…which is a bit strong. Shivi mentioned she hated it but I honestly didn’t mind it…It’s not the best scent in the world but it doesn’t last long so no probs.
- Staying Power: Like I mentioned above, this reminds me of a lip balm and it even has the staying power of a lip balm. I stays for about an hour and then there’s no sign of it. My lips do retain their moisture and glossiness but the light tint of color is also gone which is quite ridiculous.
I love the formula…but for a lipbalm and not a lipstick. It makes absolutely no sense to me. And 620 bucks for 2gms of product!?!?!? I mean…REALLY?? If I’d had the sense to see the quantity, I would not have bought this. If it were for like 300 or so, I’d love to buy it but this is the max I’d be willing to pay for this. Hardly a staying power to speak about and jut 2gms…This melts so fast that I’m almost halfway through…And I haven’t even used it 10times!!! M sooo ‘Katti’ with TBS for this…
What I like about The Body Shop Delipscious Lip Color in Sheer Raspberry:-
- I love sheer shades..need I say more?
- Non sticky
- A nice juicy wash of color on my lips
- No shimmers
- I don’t mind the fruity fragrance
- Soft and glides easily on my lips
- one of the pretty pomegranate shades I have
- A lovely raspberry shade
- Has the right amount of glossiness without looking tacky
What I don’t like about The Body Shop Delipscious Lip Color in Sheer Raspberry:-
- 1Hrs staying power….disgusting
- 620 bucks for 2gms of product??? are they stark, raving mad?!??!?!?!
- Pigmentation: 3/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 2/5
- Availability: 5/5
- Price vs. Value: 2/5
The Body Shop Delipscious Lip Color No.7 Sheer Raspberry ?
You may also like reading:
- 5 The Body Shop Makeup Brushes
- The Bodyshop Moisture White Shiso Whitening Night Treatment Review
- Body Shop Stardust Photos, Price & Swatches
- Body Shop Face And Body Brush, Blush Brush, Slanted Brush
- 5 Body Shop Metallic Eye Definer Photos And Swatches
- Body Shop Tea Tree Concealer Review
- Body Shop Gently Purify Clarifying Clay Mask Review
- Body Shop Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash Review
- Body Shop Seaweed Pore Cleansing Facial Exfoliator Review
- The Body Shop Wild Cherry Shower Gel Review
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash Review
- Body Shop Rainforest Shine Shampoo & Conditioner Review
- The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter Review
- The Body Shop Olive Body Butter Reviews
- Body Shop Moroccan Rose Body Butter Review
- Body Shop Pomegranate Body Butter Review
- The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter for Dry Hair Review
- Body Shop Sweet Lemon Body Butter Review
- Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter Review