I’m back with a review of a different kind this time. After like four lipstick reviews and an overload of lip swatches, I thought I must break the stereotype and write something different. Looking through my shelf on what I can possibly review, my eyes fell upon this Herbal hair Cleanser which consist of shikakai the good old “fruit” for hair.(Read Home made shampoo recipe)
All of us here would have childhood memories of our Naani’s or Daadi’s applying homemade oil and giving us a good rigorous oil massage. This would be followed by a wash with Shikkakai Power either homemade or Store bought like Meera or Raaga. Those were the days, I tell you! Lustrous problem free hair!
Today, am reviewing one such awesome product which is very easy to use and effective at the same time.
About Vcare Shikkakai Paste:-
Vcare Shikkakai paste is a revolution in the Hair Care Industry combining the goodness of Shikkakai and the ease of use of the paste form. Completely removes dirt and dust. Nourishes your hair and makes your hair look healthy.
- Ingredients: Shikkakai, Fenugreek, Amla, Hibiscus, Preservatives etc.Point to be noted that it’s Sulphate and Parabens Free!
- Directions to use: Take sufficient quantity in hand, dilute with water and apply to your hair and scalp. Massage for 5minutes and then rinse with warm water.
- Price and Quantity: INR 150/- for 150 gms
My experience with Vcare Shikkakai Paste:-
If I had to sum up the review in one sentence, I would simply say – I love this! It has done a world of good to my dry and frizzy hair. But since I cannot write a one line review, I’ll elaborate on why I love this product as much.
First things first – it’s full of herbal goodness. Let’s not look at the preservatives for a little while ok? When I saw this in the departmental store, I picked it up without any second thoughts thanks to the ingredients. To be fair, it fared really well on my hair. It nourished it, washed out every single trace of oil. It lathered pretty well and after like two rinses my hair was squeaky clean, silky and smooth to touch. It did bring my dandruff under control.
Also check out Body Shop Rainforest Shine Shampoo & Conditioner Review
I have used it as a normal hair cleanser(Read Lush cleanser review) and also as a hair pack. It is effective both ways. As a hair pack, I take say half a cup of this paste, add an egg, 2-3tbsps of curd and some lemon juice to it to bring it to slight liquid consistency. I apply this onto my hair and leave it on for around 45-60mins and then wash it off. I don’t use shampoo after this.
The best part is – I can go without a conditioner because this is a product meant for Enhanced Hair wash and conditioning.
What I like about Vcare Shikkakai Paste:-
- Stays true to its claims
- Full of Herbal ingredients
- Easy to use and very non messy
- Sulfate and Parabens free!
What I don’t like about Vcare Shikkakai Paste:-
To be honest, I can’t think of any except for availability.
Last words: This is a really good product and I’m very sure unless you are allergic to any of these ingredients it will suit you well. Please go ahead and buy it!
- Effectiveness: 5/5
- Packaging: 4/5
- Availability: 3.5/5
- Price vs. Value: 5/5
Have you tried V care Shikakakai Paste?
You may like reading these also-
- Top 5 Best Shampoo For Dull And Damaged Hair
- Just Herbs Silky Strength Shampoo Review
- Matrix Biolage Scalp therapie Anti-dandruff Shampoo Review
- Homemade Shampoo – How To Make Homemade Shampoo
- Lush I Love Juicy Shampoo Review
- LUSH Karma Komba Solid Shampoo Bar Review
- Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Shampoo Review
- 7 Tips To Choose The Right Shampoo For Your Hair