Last month I was going through the Avon book given to me by a friend who is a Beauty Advisor, and I came upon this series of stuff that I found fascinating. Listed under their Urban Jungle collection, there were two glimmerstick eyeliners with unusual colours, and being a glimmerstick lover, I decided to buy one. Here is my take on the colour.
- Price: 169/- after discount. 259/- before discount.
- Quantity: 0.28 gm
the first thing you would see is that like other regular glimmerstick, this is quite similarly packaged. The colour is one thing that I cannot describe without you guys seeing it for real… no photograph seems to do it justice, though some come close to it. It is the deepest, nearest-to-black shade of teal blue, which gives my eyes some very nice definition. The picture below might be able to do the shade a bit of justice.
Avon claims that these are “long wear” and “smudge proof” and to both claims I would say, for me, this lasts for a good period of time, around 6-7 hours, and need to be taken off with the help of a cleanser. Plain face wash or cleanser cannot wash it off. Also, this is a very travel friendly product, and the retractable tip makes it easy for me to use it even if I have lost the cap (I have lost the cap a few times in the past, btw). What I also like is that its quite creamy and rich, and so, does not tug on my eyelids. It glides on quite easily on my waterline too, so another bonus. On my waterline, it stays for about 4 hours before it fades a bit. It does not smudge on my waterline (which is a blessing).
Here is a eyeliner swatch on broad daylight. Here, you can see the notes of teal emerging.
Swatches Of Avon Urban Jungle Glimmerstick Eyeliner Textured Teal:-
Now this picture, outside and using no flash, actually does some justice, it is the closest to the colour I have found. It is also very nice on my skin.
What I like about Avon Urban Jungle Glimmerstick Eye Liner In Textured Teal :-
- Travel friendly package
- Avon does not do animal testing, so this is cruelty free
- Glides on easily and stays
- Does not tug
- Lovely, useful colour
- Mostly waterproof
- Lasts for around 2 months when used regularly
What I don’t like about Avon Urban Jungle Glimmerstick Eye Liner In Textured Teal :-
- Has to be removed with a cleanser
- Boring Packaging
Will I Repurchase? Yes. Yes. Yes. It’s one of those colours, you know.
Have you tried Avon Urban Jungle Glimmerstick Eye Liner In Textured Teal?
You may also enjoy reading:-
- Oriflame Optimals Oxygen Boost Face Mask Review
- Patanjali /Baba Ramdev Crack Heel Cream Review
- Christian Dior Flight Makeup Palette Review & Swatches
- Smashbox Contouring Palette: Review, Swatches
- L’occitane En Provence Gel Douche Shower Gel Review
- Layla Smalto Per Unghie Nail Polish Vernis 205 Nail Polish NOTD
- My Experience With Stylecraze.com