I’ve only recently started playing with eyeshadows and since I can’t wear brighter hues to work, Neutrals and browns have become my besties. Some 2 mts back, Upsi along wid Deeps and I decided to buy a few Hot Pots ( which we then promptly named the ‘Garam Matkas’) and with Upsi’s help and advice, I got some 5-6 hot pots. And thank god I decided to try them out coz they are awesome!! I initially found it very hard to choose colors because there are so many and hardly any swatches online…. Thanks to Upsi for all her help! Today I’ll be reviewing one of the neutral shades I love so much called Cameo..
My take on Coastal Scents Hot Pot in Cameo:
- Packaging:This shadow comes in a round pan like any other eyeshadow refill in a plastic casing like the Inglot ones. The pan size is the same as MAC so you can fit them into a MAC palette as well, but as usual, these are not magnetic so you need to either stick them in or use a magnet.
- Color:This shade is described as a highly pigmented brownish pink hue with a satiny matte finish and the shade lives up to its description. On my lids though, this looks like a neutral Pink…Kinda like MAC Moleskin, but pinker…. I initially thought it was a dupe of MAC Expresso but as you will see later on, it couldn’t be more different.
- Pigmentation & Texture:This eyeshadow is evidently very pigmented and is very very soft. It isnt hard to get the shadow to show up on the lids unless one has pigmented lids.
- Staying Power: It stays on my eyes for approx 4hrs in full intensity and then starts gradually fading. With a primer/base, it lasts about 7hrs which is the max time I’ve had an eyeshadow on
I usually wear this as a lid color and use Expresso in the crease…It also looks pretty as a sandwich shade..i.e. I use Cameo on my lid, A darker shade in the crease and then Cameo again a bit above that to sandwich in Expresso. It looks really pretty!
Swatches of Coastal Scents Hot Pot in Cameo
I also initially thought it looked similar to MAC Expresso when in the pan. But this is not so..Both shades are worlds apart and here is a comparative swatch to help you understand how different these shades are.
Pros of Coastal Scents Hot Pot in Cameo:
- A lovely all-over lid shade.
- Well pigmented
- Hardly any fall out
- Perfect for work as well since its devoid of any shimmer.
- Good staying power
- I sometimes like to just use this as a lid wash color and go to work. It brightens up the eye without making it look made up.
- Sooooooo inexpensive.
- Good staying power.
Cons of Coastal Scents Hot Pot in Cameo:
- Has to be ordered through their site only.
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 5/5
- Availability: 4/5
- Price vs. Quality: 5/5
Have you tried Coastal Scents Hot Pot In Cameo ?
You may also enjoy reading:
- Coastal Scents 26 Shadow Blush Palette Review
- Must Have Coastal Scents Hot Pots & Brushes
- Coastal Scents Mineral Eyeshadow Night Swim Review & Swatch
- 10 Color Blush Palette/Coastal Scents Blush Palette Dupe
- Revlon Sweet Innocence Custom Eyeshadow & Liner Duo Review & Swatches
- Womsee Colours Of Joy Silver Wave Nail Paint Review & NOTD
- Best Night Cream For Acne Prone Skin
- Top 10 Best Online Indian Shopping Sites In India (Part 1)
- Lush Aqua Mirabilis Body Butter Massage Bar Review
- Revlon CustomEyes Rich Temptation Eyeshadow & Liner Palette Review
- Avril Lavigne Blue Smokey Eyes Inspired Makeup Tutorial
- Kristen Stewart “W” Magazine Inspired Cat Eye Makeup Tutorial
- Eye Makeup With Faces Cosmetics Sparkles Dust
- MAC Expensive Pink Eye Makeup Tutorial
- Ardell False EyeLashes Review
- My First Simple Eye Makeup