Review : Colorbar Eyeshadow – Copper Crush
Today I’m going to review a beautiful copper color eye shadow that I recently used in one of the tutorials ,which you can check here. I did the tutorial before because I wanted to give you all a precise definition and use of this pretty copper shadow. Before I review it lets sum up the use of this pretty shade
How To Use Copper Eyeshadow:-
- This is one of the all time favorite color that we can incorporate with our outfits.
- Copper/bronze/brown all are referred to as same colors when you’re in hurry, so it’s best to get either of these shadows in your kit if you go out for many traditional functions
- These can be worn alone on lid or can be used along some other colors to create sensuous and lovely eye makeup.
- The best combinations that go along with a copper shadow is red, black, green, gold, yellow, purple, maroon etc. Of course you can pair it with any other shade you want, but make sure to blend in the colors.
- The safest lip colors to pair up with a copper shadow are red, nude lips (any nude lipstick that suits you best), berry reds, corals, pink corals. I’d suggest you to avoid any cool lip color with this shadow, as the copper color belongs to warm family, whereas using a lip color which is totally opposite might ruin your look and people will stare you
So now lets move onto the review part
The shade Copper crush from colorbar single eyeshadows, is the best copper shade I’ve used till date. Although I have a whole line of shadows dedicated to brown/bronze/copper in the 88 palette, but then sometimes you kind of get baffled seeing so many colors and more worse when you can’t differentiate between them J But this shadow is the safest stake for me as I can pair it up with any colors I want.
- Price : INR 300 /- (available for Rs. 270/- on stylecraze here)
- Quantity : 3gms
About Colorbar Eyeshadow Copper Crush:-
Colorbar Eye Shadow is a pigmented powder that gives the eyes a shine and pearl-like effect. Ultra fine in texture, it is easy to blend while its moisturizing agent keeps your eyelids soft and smooth. This product is long lasting and fade resistant.
Packaging wise I’m not too fond of it, because the silverish plastic kind of packaging looks kind of crappy and flimsy, because it has 2 compartments, and besides that the stall on which the eyeshadow pan is fixed, is kind of sloppy. On the base of the stall where the eyeshades is fixed, there’s a small mirror, which can be helpful in times of emergency, but anyways I again find it of no use my eye is way bigger than that small mirror, and they also provide a tiny miny applicator. So I’m not too fond of the packing, I’d rather try and depot the shadows
It’s a beautiful copper shade with a bit of red hue, which isn’t overpowering, but helps in distinguishing from the bronze shade, and gives it a whole another dimension.
This eyeshadow is amazingly pigmented, and a single swipe delivers true color, although I like layering it with 2 swipes or more to give some additional depth. Also there’s almost no fallout The staying power of this shadow is pretty good, and on my oily lids (did I tell you how much I hate summers ) they stay for good 3-4hrs without any primer (I don’t have a primer anyways ) . Using a base, will not only intensify the color but will also add to the longevity of the shade.
Below I have swatched the shade with and without a base (used nyx jumbo pencil in milk)
As you can see, the swatch without base still looks dark and concentrated whereas the swatch with jumbo pencil in milk has toned down the look, so you can now play with the concentration of shadow as per your preference
Overall a very nice and pigmented shade from Colorbar, although I dislike the packaging intensely, I don’t mind depotting them. But I do agree that the single eyeshadow is definitely pricey at its MRP. No fallout, intense shade which is going to last long, and this particular shade is the safest bet if you’re going to get married, or have functions to attend
Have you tried Colorbar eyeshadow in copper crush ??
You might also like reading these:
- How To Apply Silver Shimmer Eyeliner On Smoky Eyes (Tutorial)
- Arabic Eye Makeup With MAC Grape & Vanilla Pigment – Pigment Series 1
- Inglot AMC Eyeshadow 60(Yellow) Review, Swatches & EOTD
- Hilary Duff Inspired Makeup Tutorial This Valentine
- Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette Review & Swatches
- Look Book – Illamasqua Queen Of The Night Pigment Review,Swatches
- Editorial Style Double Winged Eye Makeup Tutorial & FOTD
- New Year Shimmery Mauve Eye Makeup Tutorial
- The Jewel Noir (Midnight Jewel)/Wedding Eye Makeup Tutorial
- Sleek Makeup Kohl Pencil Mossberry 747 Review, Swatches & EOTD
- Purple Blues Goes Wild !! Makeup Tutorial
- Bridal Eye Makeup Step By Step With Mac Mayhem Minearlize Eyeshadow
- Rihanna’s Inspired Eye Makeup Tutorial (Who’s That Girl)