After dabbling with the ELF Highshine glosses for a while, I decided to dabble in some other of their wonders the most popular being the $1 range. It has fascinated me for so long that when my pal got a few goodies from abroad last year, I dint hesitate to grab a few. This eyeshadow quad was one of the goodies I picked just because of the word mauve. I thought it would be sooooo amazing after watching some videos on YouTube, but then again maybe I shouldn’t have been so enthusiastic…this is soooo not worth it…not worth even that $1!! Read to know more…
About ELF Eyeshadow Quad In Matte Mauve:-
Luxuriously smooth, pigmented formula provides your eyes with a bright and beautiful sweep of rich color. The formula blends into skin for a long lasting, beautiful effect. Each quad is comprised of 4 coordinating shades that allow for both natural and dramatic looks. Built-in mirror and applicator included.
- Price: $1
- Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Paraffinium Liquidu(Mineral Oil), Petrolatum, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, MethylParaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarine Violet (CI 77077), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)
- Colors: First off, let me mention that all shades in this quad are matte without any shimmers. The 1st shade is like a light pale baby pink. The second is a neutral beige and looks a bit like MAC Moleskin. The 3rd color is a deep mauve and the 4th is a neutral pink.
- Pigmentation: All 4 shades are pathetic… P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C!! I have never come across any other trio or quad wherein all the shades are useless. Look at he swatches and you’ll realise how much they lack in this department..And funnily enough. The color atleast shows up on my fingers..on my lids, it doesnt even show up this much! It shows up a tiny bit if I use a base underneath but hardly anything..
- Texture: The shades do feel soft to the touch..but tell me, what use is a good texture if there is nil color payoff??
- Staying Power: Zilch!! No question of staying power if there’s no color on my lids to stay na??
Picking this was one of the worst mistakes I made. I picked one Butternut quad and love it so much but thi sis absolutely disgusting! I now wish I’d picked another High Shine Lip gloss from the firangi stash instead of this!
What I love about the ELF Eyeshadow Quad in Matte Mauve:-
- Costs just $1. If it had cost more, people wud have broken down the ELF factory!
What I dislike about the ELF Eyeshadow Quad in Matte Mauve
- Horrible pigmentation
- The sponge applicator is useless but I wouldnt have minded had the shdaes been good.
- Crappy staying power
- practically no staying power
- Availability in India
- Pigmentation: 2.5/5
- Texture: 3/5
- Staying Power: 2/5
- Price vs. Quality: 2/5
Have you tried ELF Eyeshadow Quad in Matte Mauve?
You may also like reading: