Yes…I’m back with another Plummy review I realised last month that I’d become too obsessed with this shade. Purple walls, purple blush, plummy lippies, and plum eyeshadows too! So I consciously have decided to try and stay away from them for the next few months…My Hubs doesn’t think I have that kinda restraint..What do you think? Will I make it to the Purple finish line???
Also Read Top 5 Must Have Green Eyeshadows
My take on MAC Eyeshadow in Sketch:-
- Color: Sketch is described as a burgundy shade with red shimmer. It has a velvet finish as well. I personally think this is a gorgeous wine purple eyeshadow. The shimmer is pretty much invisible and I find the finish more matte than velvet though..Do any of you have this and feel the same? Or is it just me??
- Pigmentation & Texture: The pigmentation is ok-ok. Infact I found other shades like Espresso or Texture to have more pigmentation than this. If you check out my hand swatch you’ll know what I mean. It isn’t chalky but it does require a tad bit more effort to blend it out.
- Staying Power: This gorgeous plum shade needs a base underneath to make it stay on longer. Without a base this starts fading after 3hrs. With a base however, this easily lasts about 5-6hrs without creasing.
Honestly, I won’t say I love this. I don’t think it’s a must have especially after using other delicious plums like the Bourjois Intense Extrait in No.4 or Coastal Scents Hot Pot in Maroon Berry. Since I am a newbie at eye makeup, I kinda prefer shades which are easy to blend and require minimum efforts… Don’t get me wrong! I do like this shade quite a bit..Its a lovely crease shade and can be used for lining the the upper as well as the lower lash lines effectively. Probably if I hadn’t had any other easy-to-use plum shades, I’d have considered this my go-to plum….I do have a soft spot for this one but yes, I do think there are better burgundy plums around
Also Read MAC Surf Baby Surf USA Eyeshadow
Here’s a small EOTD for you. I’d appreciate any suggestions Especially in photography! I’ve used Coastal Scents Hot Pot in Wisteria on the lids (review coming up) and MAC Sketch in the crease. I’ve used Moleskin to soften the edges and Nylon to highlight the browbone and in the inner corners.
Also Read MAC Deep Truth Eyeshadow
Why I like MAC Eyeshadow in Sketch:
- Perfect for the crease or even for a smokey eye.
- Decent pigmentation
- Stays for long with a base.
- Versatile as it can be even used for lining the top and lower lashline.
- Not at all chalky
What I don’t like about MAC Eyeshadow in Sketch:
- Not as easy to blend as I’s have wished
- Pigmentation: 4/5
- Staying Power: 4/5
- Availability: 5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 3.5/5
Have you used the MAC Sketch eyeshadow? Which shades do you pair it with?
You may also enjoy reading:
- 21 AMC Inglot Gel Eyeliner Swatches & Photos
- Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel 87 Photos and Swatches
- Inglot AMC Face Blush 58 Review
- Inglot Face Powder Blush 40 Photos & Swatches
- Inglot cream blush and Inglot duraline
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Istanbul: Swatches & Review
- NYX Black Label Lipstick Indigo: Review & Swatches
- NYX Round Lipstick Fig Review & Swatches
- Nyx Round Lipstick Pandora Review & Swatches
- NYX Studio Liquid Eyeliner Extreme Gold : Swatches & Photos
- NYX Girls Round Lip Gloss Sorbet & Ballerina Pink Review & Swatches
- NYX Black Label Lipstick Beauty Queen Review, Swatch FOTD