My first ever MAC was Cosmo..Its was a lovely neutral shade but looks too pink on me. So I wanted a neutral shade with a brown thue. This wasn’t easy to find and I finally struck gold with MAC Twig. In my eyes, Twig is like the more tanned, hunkier brother of Cosmo..And he’s definitely likely to get more love. Infact, I’ve noticed that most girls who felt that Cosmo didn’t suit them ended up loving this elder and more rugged bro. What do you say??
About MAC Lipstick in Twig:-
- Color: Twig is described on the MAC website as a soft muted brownish pink. And I do agree! It’s thankfully not an out n out brown and has the right bit of pink in it which saves it from looking dull and washed out.
- Price: INR980
- Coverage & Pigmentation: This lipstick gives full coverage within a single swipe itself. Pigmentation is really good and I love how this shade looks. The shade in the tube is exactly what’s translated on my lips
- Texture: MAC Satin finishes give an almost matte look but is a lot more moisturizing. Hence, it doesn’t settle into my lip lines unless I slop it on and layer it multiple times a day.
- Fragrance: It has the trademark Vanilla fragrance which accompanies every MAC lipstick.
- Staying Power: This stays for about 3-4 hrs on my lips, and then starts fading gradually…
I am soooo in love with this shade. I was a bit irritated at how every shade looks pink on my lips. But when the MUA showed this to me, I was wowed by it! It did have that brown hue that I wanted and looked diff on my lips for a change. Don’t you think so?
Swatches of MAC Lipstick Twig:-
What I like about MAC Lipstick in Twig:-
- Gives full coverage
- This is a soft pink with the right bit of brown so this doesn’t wash me out
- Not drying like Matte finish lippies
- Soft and slides easily onto the lips
- I’ve read that for those who found Cosmo unflattering, this would be a perfect shade.
- Staying power is really good
- Can be paired with a lot of blushes
MAC Twig On My Lips:-
What I don’t like about MAC Lipstick in Twig:-
- Does settle into lip lines if layered excessively
Have you tried MAC Lipstick In Twig ?
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 4.5/5
- Availability: 5/5
- Price vs. Value: 5/5
You may also like reading:
- My MAC Haul
- MAC #187 Duo Fiber Stippling Brush Review
- Must Have MAC lipsticks To Be Worn To Office
- MAC Off Shoot Lipstick :Review,Swatches & FOTD
- MAC Juxt Eyeshadow:Review,Swatch,FOTD
- 20 MAC Powder Blush Swatches
- MAC Flirt & Tease, MAC Breath Of Plum, MAC Plum Foolery & More Swatches
- MAC Semi Precious Feeling Flush Mineralize Blush Review
- MAC Semi Precious Unsurpassable Eyeshadow:Swatches,Review
- MAC Studio Fix Or MAC Mineralize Skin Or Mac Prolong Wear
- MAC Overrich Lipstick
- MAC Slimshine in Missy
- MAC Craving Lipstick
- MAC Funtabulous Dazzleglass
- MAC Viva Glam Cyndi