In a word, it’s simply a boon to me. Wondering why? This O.P.I Ridge Filler is a perfect solution for weak, damaged nails that have a rough, uneven surface. I know, you will say you can always buff and smooth them out, but, too much buffing is not good for your nails in the long run- it wears them out. My case is somewhat similar- too much buffing and now I have these weak nails with an uneven surface
Well, after some searching and researching I landed up with this amazing find from O.P.I and yes, I will say, it’s a great product. A perfect solution for weak, peeling, uneven and rough nails. You might just say that applying nail polish is a perfect solution to the above mentioned problems well- true to some extent but this product gives you something more. No wonder, O.P.I calls these “Classic Nail Essentials’
About OPT Ridge Filler
Yes, instead of wasting more time, let’s nail the product- for good.
- Name: O.P.I Ridge Filler
- Price: INR. 430 ( I got a discount and paid INR.408)
- Quantity:1/2 Oz. ( but it will last you really long)
- Availability: online, I bought mine from purplle.com
It contains natural silk to gently smooth out uneven natural nails. A luxurious and effective base coat that smoothes nails for a more even lacquer application
OPI Ridge Filler Directions:-
- Recommendation: Smoothes nails for a more even lacquer application. OPI Ridge Filler fills those small ridge lines that some nails have from dryness. It gives nails a smooth glassy finish, so that nail polish applies evenly and looks great.
Apply OPI Ridge Filler before using base coat on nails, then proceed with nail polish and top coat
- Ingredients: Not mentioned
OPI Ridge Filler Purpose:-
My take on the product: as I already said that I have weak nail and some uneven (by uneven I mean the nail surface is not very smooth when I touch it) nail surface, I found this to be a boon. It has a natural whitish color which turns out just your nail’s natural color and dries to a matt finish. If you look at your nails, no one will be able to tell you that you are wearing anything on them- just your plain, natural nails. It dries to a perfect matt finish. But, here lies the magic- your nails will look flawless- even and smooth! Yes! It’s true. My friend even complimented that my nails have improved a lot J-though I did not reveal the secret to her – devil me!!!
(After single coat application)
What’s more, one single coat is fine- you will not need a second one, mostly because you will be wearing two coats of polish on top of that- no point layering and wasting product. What I have noticed is that this O.P.I Ridge Filler works amazingly well as a base too- the nail colors come out amazingly well- somewhat opaque. And, if you are coupling it with an O.P.I polish- you can be sure that your polish won’t chip in the next 15 days ( but then again I don’t do any household work) and if you have this on your toe, it lasted me a good 21-22 days…yes, believe me! You will fall in love with your perfectly manicured/pedicured hands and feet <3
(Please ignore my unkempt cuticles )
The brush is normal like any other O.P.I nail brush and is good enough to cover your nails in one go.
What Iike about O.P.I Ridge Filler:-
- Available online
- Dries fast
- one coat is perfect
- Perfect solution for weak, brittle, peeling nails
- Looks natural- so if you are not looking for polishes, you nails still stay protected
- Great as a base and will make your polish hold on longer- days in fact if coupled with polish of the same brand
- A perfect brush, that ensure minimum product wastage
( My manicure that lasted 15 days- if not more)
What I don’t like about OPI Ridge Filler:-
- You will have to have a real fast hand- dries really fast
- Don’t apply 2 coats- it will become patchy, uneven and streaky– mostly because it dries fast
- While using keep your ceiling fan off- it will dry up the product
- Before using u need to shake the bottle really well as a kind of yellow fluid separates and a white viscous liquid settles down.
- While removing, you will need some extra polish remover
- Best to keep off the cuticle- its dries there and gets collected
- Yes, no ingredients mentioned
Recommended: Oh.. do I need to say that now? I will keep purchasing it! A must have for me now. You must be thinking with so many cons, why should I repurchase it? Because if you notice the cons, it’s normal with any polish I guess. So, I am overlooking that for sure.
- Rating: A perfect 5
Love it/ Leave it: <3 it
Have you tried OPI Ridge Filler?
You may also enjoy reading: