The Banana Shampoo & conditioner has been loved by so many and has been praised to no end. Hence, I didn’t hesitate to pick this up in April itself since my Lush Cynthia Sylvia Stout Shampoo and Veganese Conditioner were getting over…
Right away, let me tell you that this shampoo and conditioner has been tested on 2 people with diff hair types. I have voluminous curls and crazy maggie hair, whereas my friend who also tried it for me has pin straight flat hair which has absolutely no volume. SO how did it work for each of us? Did I love it? Did she? Read on and find out!
About TBS Banana Shampoo:-
Gently cleanse and nourish your hair with a shampoo that smells good enough to eat and will leave your hair feeling clean, soft and silky.
- Quantity: 250ml for 515 INR
About TBS Banana Conditioner:-
Nourish & protect your hair with an irresistible smellling conditioner that leaves it free of tangles and easy to manage.
- Quantity: 250m for 515 INR
My experience with TBS Banana Shampoo & Conditioner:-
- Packaging – This comes in the usual transparent plastic bottle with a black flip top lid.
- Color & Texture – The shampoo and conditioner, both are the color of banana pulp.. the same dull yellow. Texture wise, the shampoo is thinner than the conditioner. The conditioner is honestly a pain to squeeze out!! It’s almost like a souffle stuck in the bottle. I have to yank ans push and do all sorta drama to get some product. The shampoo lathers quite a bit too which I’m sure all of us like
- Fragrance – It has a very concentrated banana scent as expected. Parita mentioned that it smells exactly like the banana muffins she makes which is now what I’m reminded of when I use this ..
Here’s what the shampoo looks like..
Read - 7 Homemade Shampoo Recipes
And here’s the conditioner.
The Body Shop Banana Shampoo & Conditioner :-
I mentioned at the beginning about what my hair is like…This shampoo made my hair squeaqly clean for sure no doubt about that..but was horrible for the volume. I was hoping that using this would help me tame my hair. But I forgot that Banana is well known for injecting volume onto the scalp. When I use this, my hair goes haywire! Literally! My hair is ALL over the place and even the conditioner although helps in smoothening a bit, it doesnt help with the knots and tangles
I was so heart broken but then thought that so many ppl praising this can’t be wrong..So I gave a bit of each to my friend with straight and flat hair. And she LOVED it! She always used to complain that she looked all ‘Chipku’ and that no headband could hold her hair but after using this, her hair has become soo good. She can now use a clutch without having it slide straight down to the ground Her hair is also tangle free and looks infused with life!
Hence, I can conclude that this would suit hair which needs volume and bounce. But for curly haired gals like me for whom volume is a bit more in abundance, this isn’t really a good choice.
Pros of TBS Banana Shampoo & Conditioner:-
- The shampoo is perfect for oily hair
- The duo works well on flat hair or hair which needs a surge of volume.
- Both of them smell yummy! I’d be ready to gobble it down infact
- Makes the hair squeaky clean
- No build up.
- Shampoo lathers very well and very little is required for each use
- One bottle of shampoo will last 2.5-3mts easily
- Doesn’t strip the moisture from the hair.
- Not too pricey considering that this actually works
- No animal testing
Cons of TBS Banana Shampoo & Conditioner:-
- Of no use to those with already volume infused hair
- I find it tough to get the conditioner out of the bottle..it’s damn thick!
- The conditioner didn’t help detangle
- Effectiveness: 4/5
- Fragrance: 5/5
- Packaging: 4.5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 4/5
Have you tried The Body Shop Shampoo & Conditioner ?
You may also like reading:
- 5 The Body Shop Makeup Brushes
- The Bodyshop Moisture White Shiso Whitening Night Treatment Review
- Body Shop Stardust Photos, Price & Swatches
- Body Shop Face And Body Brush, Blush Brush, Slanted Brush
- 5 Body Shop Metallic Eye Definer Photos And Swatches
- Body Shop Tea Tree Concealer Review
- Body Shop Gently Purify Clarifying Clay Mask Review
- Body Shop Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash Review
- Body Shop Seaweed Pore Cleansing Facial Exfoliator Review
- The Body Shop Wild Cherry Shower Gel Review
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash Review
- Body Shop Rainforest Shine Shampoo & Conditioner Review