The Body Shop is my usual haunt for body butter, lotions, soaps and lately face masks too. Especially stuff from the Vit E range like the VitE Moisturizer, their toner, etc. I’m sure this must hold true for a lot of you as well. For some odd reason I’ve never been attracted to their makeup section at all. That is..until A happened to swatch and review some of the lipsticks. I did express my desire…actually my greed to own one to A and she did warn me about their sad staying power. But ofcourse makeup greed knows no boundary and here I am with a review on a lipstick from their Colorglide collection in Pink Ginger.
About The Body Shop Colorglide Lipcolor in Pink Ginger:-
Moisturizing lip colour that feels velvety smooth. With light-diffusers for younger-looking lips. Check out the 19 lip-tastic shades in our stores now!
The Body Shop Colorglide LipColor Ingredients:-
- Marula oil – Is a very effective moisturiser that also helps to condition the skin over time. Also provides essential fatty acids that help to repair the skin’s moisture barrier, thus helping to restore moisture, smoothness and suppleness.
- Organic beeswax – Moisturises and helps to condition the skin. Acts as a barrier that helps to seal in moisture. Helps to keep product texture consistent when used over time.
- Grapeseed oil – Is very rich in essential fatty acids that help to repair the skin’s moisture barrier, thus helping to restore moisture, smoothness and suppleness.
- Color: This shade is a lovely raspberry shade and reminds me flowers somehow. It does have a glossy finish but without any shimmer.
- Price: INR 600 for 4gm
- Coverage & Pigmentation: This is a full coverage lipstick and covers any pigmentation on my lips. A single swipe is a bit sheer but 2 swipes does the trick for a full on creamy application.
- Texture: This lipstick has a satin finish and leaves a glossy finish which I prefer to matte. It’s non-sticky too and doesn’t feel icky when applied.
- Staying Power: This stays for about 2.503hrs on my lips which is very very less. And if I eat something then it gets almost totally wiped off and leaves a very light berry tint on my lips.
Body Shop Colorglide Lip Color Shade 14 Pink Ginger Swatches:-
I have a 50-50 opinion about this lipstick. I love how this color looks on me..It instantly brightens up my face. I like wearing this shade as a lip tint as well. I just use my fingers to dab the color onto my lips properly and just this much is enough to get a gorgeous berry stain on my lips. Its the perfect wash of color for me.
What I detest is that it dries out my lips by the end of the day. I can tolerate the sad staying power (since I love reapplying every 2hrs or so) but can’t condone dry lips. When I apply this on exfoliated lips in the morning it looks perfect. But by the time I reach home, my lips are dry and flaky again. So I would not recommend this lippy to anyone with dry lips. The other would love this ofcourse.
What I like about The Body Shop Colorglide Lipcolor in Pink Ginger:-
- A lovely raspberry shade
- Has the right amount of glossiness without looking tacky
- Easily available
- Soft texture
- Can be built up to an extent
- Doesn’t settle into the lip lines.
- Keeps my lips moderately moisturized.
- The fragrance isn’t strong or irritating.
- Can be built up to an extent.
What I don’t like about The Body Shop Colorglide Lipcolor in Pink Ginger:-
- Dries out my lips by the end of the day
- Staying power should have been better.
- Pigmentation: 4/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 3.5/5
- Availability: 5/5
- Price vs. Value: 4/5
Have you tried Body Shop Colorglide Lip Color Shade 14 Pink Ginger?
You may also enjoy reading these:-
- 5 Body Shop Metallic Eye Definer Photos And Swatches
- Body Shop Tea Tree Concealer Review
- Body Shop Gently Purify Clarifying Clay Mask Review
- Body Shop Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash Review
- Body Shop Seaweed Pore Cleansing Facial Exfoliator Review
- The Body Shop Wild Cherry Shower Gel Review
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash Review
- Body Shop Rainforest Shine Shampoo & Conditioner Review