Why do so many Indians have a fascination with Gold especially Gold jewellery?? I personally prefer silver but it is a proven fact that silver looks better on cool skin tones. Yeah, it did take me a few years to come to terms with the fact that gold looks better on yellow skin tones like mine. Prior to this revelation, I used to love wearing silver/baby pink/lavender eye shadows, all of which are better suited to cooler skin tones. I used to think it opens up my eyes and makes me look fresh and frankly I wore them mainly coz I love those colors . I’d wear them and walk into college only to have a fellow classmate look at me with utmost concern in her eyes, tilt her head with pity and enquire, “Are you okay? Didn’t u get sleep last night?” I’d be like, “Huh? I’m fine. Had a good night’s sleep. Thank you very much”, smile politely and then scratch my head wondering what prompted her to ask me so . It happened every time I wore such shades and finally realization dawned on me and I started looking out for gold, beige and other warm toned shades Aaaah…wish I didn’t have to learn these things the hard way
About Colorbar I-Glide Eye Pencil in Passionately Gold
Defines like a pencil and glides like liquid eyeliner. This effortlessly easy to use I-Glide Eye Pencil with its smooth formulation, gives your eyes rich colour in a single stroke and blends in easily after application. Lasts longer than 8 hours; does not feather or bleed.
- Quantity: 1.1 gms / 0.04 US oz
- Price: INR 399
- Shelf life: 30 months from mfg date
Other shades in this range:
- Coal mine
- Flirty Turq
- Glowing Sapphire
- Amethyst Spark
- Silver Hue
My Experience with Colorbar I-Glide in Passionately Gold
It comes in a brushed-silver outer carton with the color indicator at one end. The pencil is the same brushed-steel color with matching plastic cap that fits snugly. The tail-end of the pencil matches the shade inside thus making it easy to locate if you own more than one pencil. The wood that the pencil is made of is super sturdy and makes sharpening a breeze.
- Shade Description:
Passionately Gold is yellow-based gold. It has very finely milled shimmer that lends it a metallic sheen. This will particularly suit warm skin tones and those with yellow undertones and will easily show up on all complexions.
As claimed, it glides onto the eyelid smoothly and there’s no tugging.
Frankly speaking, I wasn’t expecting this to show up on my eyes. I thought the color will be a bit dull and sheer. But one swipe gave me intense color and I have to say the pigmentation is superb!
Colorbar I-Glide in Passionately Gold Swatch
The color looks good on its own but is even better when worn over black to give it an antique finish. Can be used as an eye shadow but is a little difficult to blend. You may require a creamy base or moisturizer to aid in blending without dragging, but the good news is that your eye shadow will not budge or crease.
- Staying power:
When worn as eyeliner, it stayed intact the entire day until I decided to take it off. It does not flake or smudge.
Unlike the I-define pencils, this comes off easily with soap and water. I massaged my face wash on my eyelid to remove this and it came off without any vigorous rubbing.
I wore this on my waterline and it irritated my eyes badly. There was an itchy discomfort and mild redness which persisted even the next day. So, this eye pencil is a definite no-no on the waterline. Also, those with sensitive eyes should take care while removing this to ensure that the product does not enter the eyes.
Colorbar I-Glide in Passionately Gold on my eyes
The first 2 pics show the eye pencil worn alone in natural light. It appears slightly orange-ish here but looks more yellow, especially under artificial lights. The next 2 pics show the same used as eye shadow and blended with Colorbar I-Define in Moss Green at the edges.
What I like about Colorbar I-Glide in Passionately Gold:
- Creamy formula that glides easily without any tugging
- Intensely pigmented. Color shows in a single stroke
- Stays put the entire day until you decide to take it off
- Does not flake, bleed or smudge
- Yellow-toned gold shade that will look flattering on most Indian skin tones
- Great party wear shade
- Can be used as eye shadow and does not crease when done so
- Looks exceptionally good when worn over black
- Comes off easily with soap and water and does not require a separate cleanser
- Comes with an outer carton with complete product details
- Tip did not break while sharpening
- Has a color indicator at the tail-end of the pencil that makes it easy to locate
- Available in a variety of stunning shades
What I don’t like about Colorbar I-Glide in Passionately Gold:
- Irritates eyes when worn on the waterline or if product enters the eye
- Pricey. And those who bought this few months back will notice the price hike.
- Needs to be sharpened
The I-Glide eye pencils are very popular and are raved about by many makeup enthusiasts and it is apparent why. Great staying power, intense pigmentation, creamy formula and fab shade selection make this range worth a try.
We have an interesting video for you to checkout
Have you tried Colorbar I-Glide in Passionately Gold?
You may also like to read-
- Colorbar Soft Touch Lipstick Matina: Review & Swatches
- Colorbar I-Define Eye Pencil Moss Green Review & Swatches
- Colorbar Eyeshadow Copper Crush Review
- 8 Colorbar Take Me As I Am lipcolors 01 Sensous Red Review & Swatches
- 17 Colorbar Velvett Matte Lipsticks Review & Swatches
- Colorbar I glide pencil in silver Hue 01 (Silver eyeliner) this festival
- Nail treatment with Colorbar nail treatment as hard as nails(Product review and swatches)
- Colorbar extreme lash mascara (Product review, swatches and application)
- Smokey eyeshadow – Colorbar eyeshadow smokey grey (Review and swatches)
- Colorbar Shy Rose Nail Paint – My Favourite Red nail paint