Am back again and this time with two lippies, so sit back and relax cz this is going to be long
A few days ago when I saw a sale on elf products on Style craze I couldn’t resist and got myself two lipsticks and a blush. There were a few shades to choose from which as usual got me confused, anyway after reading some reviews and searching on web, I got two lippies in shades CHARMING AND CAPTIVATING; Charming is a beautiful MLBB shade where as Captivating is an orange shade.
About E.L.F Essential Lipstick
Indulge your lips with long lasting color and shine. The moisture rich formula hydrates, conditions and softens on contact for silky smooth lips. Instantly beautiful, healthy-looking lips designed, formulated and tested by our professional team of makeup artists.
- CHARMING: It’s a beautiful thick pink shade which is wearable. The color comes out just as in the tube when swatched and delivers the true color with it’s full intensity in just a single swipe. however it shows blue undertones when worn on lips and i feel it would suit people with cool skin tone.
- CAPTIVATING: It is an orange shade which is same as in the tube but looks chalky kinda on lips and washes me out completely.
- PACKAGING: It comes in a silver plastic tube with a see through portion at the center of it which makes it very easy to identify the shade if u have more than one lippy from this range. When i saw them online, i was really flattered by it but how ever when i received them, it looked kinda cheap to me. anyway I know I shouldn’t expect anything better at this price.
- PRICE: 299 ( I got them for 269 at stylecraze)
- QUANTITY: 3.5 g
- FRAGRANCE: It has got some bubble gum kinda smell which m not too fond of but it is not too intense or bothersome and doesn’t linger for long. Although am not sure how a sensitive nose would react to it.
- TEXTURE: The texture of these babies is very very creamy and specially captivating, it is damn creamy which makes them melt and break. The darling captivating broke off right at the first application which happened not just with me but in all the reviews i read it was mentioned that it broke v soon anyway charming is lil less creamier so it’s still there.. goshh.. huh … They have a matte finish with a beautiful sheen. and i must say due to their creamy texture these are really moisturising and forget about wearing a lipbalm underneath i don’t even feel the need to moisturise my lips even after removing this which makes me want to wear it more often
- PIGMENTATION: Pigmentation of these is beautiful, and give a full coverage in just one application, when i compare both of them i find charming more of a full coverage lippy which will hide any pigmentation on the lips very beautifully in just one application and captivating is a tad bit sheer and will need a coat or two more to give full coverage.
- STAYING POWER: I have never worn this for more than 2 hours and in that it was still intact, so I suppose It will easily be there on the lips for 3-4 hours or more if u don’t eat anything in between.
MY TAKE ON ELF ESSENTIAL LIPSTICKS in CAPTIVATING & CHARMING:
CHARMING: Its a lovely pink shade which can be worn everyday. however I don’t wear it at it’s full intensity, I wear it just as a tint and the reason is I feel it’s very thick and it washes me out a bit.
ELF Essential Lipstick CAPTIVATING:-
There’s a long story about this beauty..Since many days I was looking for a perfect orange shade and when I saw this I thought I should give it a try since it won’t harm my pocket if it turns out to be a dud. As I was expecting, it didn’t work a bit on me,a dn totally washed me out, it looks chalky on lips and makes me look pale. Anyway, looking for an idea how to make use of this, i thought of giving it a try on my cheeks, the first thing I did was to cake up the apples of my cheeks with MAYBELLINE WHITE STAY- CHALK WHITE (yes… it was another mistake of mine) and then swipe this lipstick over it and then blended it, and boy, it worked amazing that way. I thought am being childish while trying that and even feared it might break me out but after seeing how it turned out, am in love with it and has been using it that way since then and it never gave me any break outs. This is how it looks after blending.
WHAT I LIKED ABOUT ELF ESSENTIAL LIP
STICKS in CAPTIVATING & CHARMING:
- The creamy texture
- They are very moisturising
- Beautifully pigmented
- Gives full coverage
- Good staying power
- The packaging, makes it easy to identify the shade.
- Sturdy and travel friendly packaging.
- Good quality with quantity.
- Good for the price.
- Works good on cheeks too
WHAT I DON’T LIKE ABOUT ELF ESSENTIAL LIPSTICKS in CAPTIVATING & CHARMING:
- These are too creamy and because of that they are prone to breakage.
- It will break within a couple of uses.
- Few of you might not like the fragrance.
- Settles into fine lines.
- I guess i went wrong in selecting the shades, none of them look good on me
WOULD I REPURCHASE IT?
Hmm, will see, might be in some other shades.
WILL I RECOMMEND IT TO OTHERS?
Yeah I will, i don’t find anything wrong with these lipsticks infact they are good for the price. The only thing is these shades specially captivating won’t suit most of the skin tones. I’ve seen there are many other beautiful shades too in this range.
OVER ALL RATING- 4/5
Have you tried ELF Essnetial Lipstick In Captivating & Charming?
You may also like Reading:
- ELF Candy Shop Lipgloss Review
- ELF Nail Polish Remover pads
- E.L.F. Clarifying Pressed Powder Review
- Bronzer for Indian skin
- ELF Super glossy Lip Shine In Pink Lemonade Review
- ELF Bronzer in Sunkissed