I love blushes like a loony person..But I also have a thing for bronzers and contour powders…basically, anything to make me look a bit more warm and un-paleish. People usually buy bronzers and the such during summers…But I stock them during winters…why? Well, because thats the time my skin looks milky white and not in a good way. All the veins on my face stand out and I look like the feminine version of Edward Cullen…Not very nice right?
So bronzers are my best friend and even in summers I tend to reach for these quite often. For contouring or just to brush around my face for a more even and ‘IN’ look. Here’s a fab product from my vanity which I love and reach out for a lot.
Infused with natural minerals, these Pure Finish Mineral powders contain light-reflective mica and skin-softening silica to assure a natural luminous look, plus aloe vera and chamomile – ingredients known for their soothing and moisturizing benefits. Sweep over cheekbones, forehead and brow bones, to give skin a healthy sun-kissed glow.
- Silica blurs lines and softens imperfections
- Mica adds luminosity to highlight and enhance natural tone
- Aloe Vera moisturizes and soothes
- Chamomile calms and soothes
- Pearl Pigments add a hint of tint and subtle shimmer
My take on the Elizabeth Arden Pure Minerals Bronzer:
- Packaging:The bronzer comes in a compact form with a little extra…That extra being a tiny yet amazingly wonderful Kabuki applicator! It has a mirror and the compact has an animal motif which makes it all the more attractive.
- Color: I have the Light variant and this is a honey caramel kinda shade with micro shimmers. The shimmers are so tiny that more than making it look glittery, it infuses the skin with a lovely, healthy glow.
- Pigmentation & Texture:This bronzer has a medium pigmentation although only a tiny bit is required for me. When I se it with the Kabuki, I have never been left with a chocolate kinda bar on my cheeks This seems to practically melt rather than blend into my skin which I love…Who wouldn’t! It does have some fall out though which I consider normal. I have used other bronzers like the ELF Bronzer which had far more fall out than this.
- Staying Power: It stays for about 5-6hrs. What I love most is that a lot of bronzers fade and leave behind the shimmers. But thats not the case with this baby… My skin retains a nice honey glow even after the powder starts fading..
- Application: If you’ve read my earlier review on the Milani bronzer I have, you must have understood how much I like it. I didn’t think it was possible to like another bronzer so much..but this really won me over. I use the kabuki to brush this on the top of my forehead, my temples over to the hollows of my cheeks. I also use some on my jawbone for definition.
Looking for a dupe???
I know a lot of us don’t have access to EA products and for those of you starting out may be hesitant to invest so much in a bronzer. So let me tell you of a dupe for this…The closest dupe is the The Body Shop Honey Bronzer compact. I’m sure most of you must have seen it at the store along with the shimmering dry oil and the Extra Virgin foundations. The shades are really similar. The only different being that the staying power of the EA one is much more and the TBS one doesn’t have too much of those micro shimmers and looks a bit more matte than this. Other than these 2 facts, if you like the shade and wana try out a really good bronzer, you can take your pick
Pros of Elizabeth Arden Pure Minerals Bronzer:
- Has micro shimmers which don’t look glittery and OTT
- Gives my face a really nice, healthy glow
- Easy to blend
- Good staying power
- Will last a long time
- Compact and travel friendly
- Comes with a useful kabuki brush
Cons of Elizabeth Arden Pure Minerals Bronzer:
- Pigmentation: 4.5/5
- Texture: 4.5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 4.5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 4/5
You may also like reading these:
- 21 AMC Inglot Gel Eyeliner Swatches & Photos
- Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel 87 Photos and Swatches
- Inglot AMC Face Blush 58 Review
- Inglot Face Powder Blush 40 Photos & Swatches
- Inglot cream blush and Inglot duraline
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Istanbul: Swatches & Review
- NYX Black Label Lipstick Indigo: Review & Swatches
- NYX Round Lipstick Fig Review & Swatches
- Nyx Round Lipstick Pandora Review & Swatches
- NYX Studio Liquid Eyeliner Extreme Gold : Swatches & Photos
- NYX Girls Round Lip Gloss Sorbet & Ballerina Pink Review & Swatches
- NYX Black Label Lipstick Beauty Queen Review, Swatch FOTD
- Elizabeth Arden Blush Sugar Plum Review & Swatches
- Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue Eau De Parfum Review
- 16 Red,Pink & Beige MAC Lipstick Photos & Swatches
- MAC Breezy Blush: Review , Swatches & FOTD