Lo! And Behold!! There I present my very first Illamasqua (which I fondly refer to as Illu) Blush! I had a hankering for a different color and this grape color fascinated me so much! All thanks to Rash who helped me get this unique shade As I recall I kept both the blushes on my night stand for about 3days
About Illamasqua Powder Blush:
Illuminate, radiate, make your face come alive with the colour and drama of Illamasqua Powder Blusher. Colour-intense and highly pigmented, use it to shade, brighten, enhance and define the shape of your face. Be bold, be daring, be the centre of attention.
My take on the Illamasqua Powder Blush in Thrust:
- Color: This shade is described as a deep magenta pink, matte finish blush. I find it to me more of a raspberry juice sorta sorta shade with a visible blue undertone. Really pretty and wearable regardless of the fact that it looks a tad bit scary in the pan.
- Price: 16.50 pounds
- Quantity: 4.5g
- Pigmentation & Texture: The blush is matte and is quite superior in terms of pigmentation. A very tiny bit is required for use. Texture wise, it has a soft buttery feel…like velvet Thanks to this texture, its a pleasure to blend and layer if required.
- Staying Power: This blush stays for about 6-7hrs on my cheeks albeit it starts fading after 4 hrs. Nevertheless there will always be a tint of color on the cheeks
- Application: I use a round, fluffy blush brush and apply the shade to the sides on my cheeks towards my thairline.
This is by far one of the most ‘Different’ shades of blush I’ve used. I was going to say bold but then realised that this actually isnt. When applied it glides on so naturally and if applied properly won’t look the least bit out of place or weird. There are other shades which could be termed bold but this is not one of them. Yes, it does take some guts to wear it, but once that’s done, one realises what an amazingly, flattering shade this is. This is a shade which would look best on medium to deeper skin tones. For milky white skin, this has to be applied carefully so that you don’t end up looking bruised instead
All in all, I really like this blush and love how unique this looks and makes me look!
Pros of Illamasqua Powder Blush in Thrust:
- Since its matte, it can be worn anytime, to work too..
- Superb pigmentation
- Minimal fallout
- Suits most skintones.
- Buttery smooth texture
- Easy to blend
- 4.5gms of product is well worth it
- Good staying power
Cons of Illamasqua Powder Blush in Thrust:
- Well, availability is the main issue. It does seem pricey but I don’t want to stress on that since I feel its worth every penny for this kind of quality
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Texture: 5/5
- Staying Power: 5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 5/5
Girls, Would you try this out?
You may also like reading:
- Illamasqua 70% Off Sale – Recommendations
- Illamasqua Sheer Lipgloss Lily-rose Review, Swatches & FOTD
- Illamasqua Freak Perfume Review
- Illamasqua Hemlock Nail Polish Review & Swatches
- Illamasqua Theatre Of The Nameless Nail Varnish Kink Review & NOTD
- Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Androgen Review EOTD
- Illamasqua Masquara Raven Reviews
- Illamasqua Intense Lipgloss Frenzy Review & FOTD
- Illamasqua Scandal Lipstick Review
- Look Book- Illamasqua Hussy Blush Review
- Illamasqua Hussy Blush Photos & Swatches