I am a big fan of smokey eyes…But being a newbie it’s really tough for me to get the blending perfect and moreover, the harshness of the black tends to make me even more nervous. A coupla months back, I read in an article that for those who like a smokey eye but feel to conscious, Grey is the perfect way out.. Why you ask? Well, for starters it’s not as harsh, lesser chances of looking like you’ve had a black eye, lends a sultry element to the look without being overly dark, can be used easily for daywear, goes with other colors and most importantly Grey is simply not as scary or overbearing as black. So I immediately decided I needed a Grey and happened to stumble across the L’oreal Infallible eyeshadow at Westside while browsing with the Pune bloggers about 2months back.
I controlled myself then and told myself it was sheer wastage..but then it kept nigging at my head for the next 3days and I realised there was no other choice…I had to have this…So I proceeded to bug Chetana for them (these were just launched so not available online) and the sweetheart that she is, she got it fo rme the very next day and sent it across. Yey!
About L’oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Pebble Grey:
For ultra-enhanced colour intensity and 24-hour staying power, Infallible Eyeshadow combines the latest hybrid technology. Bringing powder and cream together in one luxuriously beautifying formula for a velvety soft touch. This matte formula is both water and smudge resistant with no trace of creasing for bold, colour popping eyes.
Price & Quantity: 3.5gms for INR 450
My take on L’oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Pebble Grey:
- Packaging: I am all praises for the packaging of this baby as well. It comes in a tiny tun with a screw top lid. There is another binder lid which goes right over the powder to keep it bound together since the eyeshow is more like a closely packed pigment. This is super helpful since it avoids any messes and wastage of product.
- Color: This shade is exactly what the name denotes…It’s a pebble grey eyeshadow. You know of those pebble we use in plant pots or on the center table? This is that exact same pigeon grey kinda color. It does have a bit of shimmer but when applied its not really noticeable. It looks more satiny on my lids.
- Pigmentation & Texture: This is soooo creamy! Its easy to mistake this for a cream shadow infact. Its pigmentation is so intense and glides on like a cream on my lids. The powder is silky soft and not at all abrasive. Its easy to blend and pack on to the lids as desired. If one has very oily lids, this may crease though, so do use a base for sure.
- Staying Power: It stays on my lids for the entire dayyy!!!! Ofcourse for me, the entire day means 8hrs max I always use a base underneath though since my lids are a bit pigmented and I use the base so that the true color of the shadow shows through.
I use this with a brush as well as my fingers. But honestly I like using my fingers best since I feel like the brush doesn’t pick up enough of the color as compared to my fingers. I love applying this over my lid and crease and then using a mild shimmery pink or a light purple on the lid….It looks perfect.
Swatches of L’oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Pebble Grey:
Why I like the L’oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Pebble Grey:
- Feels like a cream shadow
- Fab staying power
- Intensely pigmented
- Blends easily
- Not the least bit chalky like most greys are.
- Perfect for a soft smokey look
- Glides like silk on my lids.
- Easy to apply
- Compact and functional packaging
- A wide variety of shades to choose from
- Totally easy on the pocket! I mean…I dont think we can get this quality of es at this price anywhere else…L’oreal has nailed it with this range
Why I don’t like the L’oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Pebble Grey:
- May crease on oily lids.
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 5/5
- Availability: 5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 5/5
Have you tried the L’oreal Infallible Eyeshadows?
You may also enjoy reading:
- MAC #187 Duo Fiber Stippling Brush Review
- Must Have MAC lipsticks To Be Worn To Office
- MAC Off Shoot Lipstick :Review,Swatches & FOTD
- MAC Juxt Eyeshadow:Review,Swatch,FOTD
- 20 MAC Powder Blush Swatches
- MAC Cubic Blush, MAC Gingerly Blush, MAC Pinch Me, MAC Peach Twist Swatches
- MAC Swoon Pink Blush, MAC Fleur Powder, MAC Pinch O’Peach Swatches
- MAC Deep Truth Eyeshadow :Review, Swatches & EOTD
- MAC Well Dressed, MAC Breezy, MAC Dolly Mix, MAC Coy Girl Swatches
- MAC Flirt & Tease, MAC Breath Of Plum, MAC Plum Foolery & More Swatches
- MAC Semi Precious Feeling Flush Mineralize Blush Review
- MAC Semi Precious Unsurpassable Eyeshadow:Swatches,Review
- MAC Studio Fix Or MAC Mineralize Skin Or Mac Prolong Wear
- MAC Overrich Lipstick
- MAC Slimshine in Missy
- MAC Craving Lipstick
- MAC Funtabulous Dazzleglass
- MAC Viva Glam Cyndi