Today I will be reviewing my very first MAC eyeshadow from a totally different genre..I usually am addicted to the neutrals but during one of my visits to MAC with Shivi and Paro, Paro enticed me into getting this. Her exact dialogue I believe was, “ Zara, don’t you DARE buy another neutral!.” And she was so fierce and gave me her ‘strick-mother’ look that I couldn’t go against her wishes…and Thank God I dint!! I’m damn happy I got this eyeshadow!
Also Read Top 5 Must Have Green Eyeshadows
My take on MAC Eyeshadow in Cranberry:
- Color: This shade is described as a red plum with pink shimmer. And Cranberry truly is a rich berry red shade with a frost finish..Hence it takes on a shimmery sheen which really adds the ‘X’ factor to any look..
- Cost: INR 720 for the refill
- Pigmentation & Texture: The pigmentation is insane!! This is such a rich shade and amazingly easy to apply. It doesnt feel chalky, nor does it give any problem wrt visibility.. The frost finish is something I was initially worried about but now I realise it’s half the beauty of this shade.
Also Read MAC Deep Truth Eyeshadow
- Staying Power: This shade has a very good staying power. After about 4hrs of wear, the sheen starts fading, but the color stays on the lids without creasing for a looooong time.
Since I usually wear neutral shades, I’m very wary of brighter shades. But this was one shades which instantly caught my eye and went right into my heart with a single swatch. Ofcourse I tried to resist the impulse, but then Paro threatened me and made me buy my first MAC which is not a neutral! Thank you Paroo!!!
How I wear MAC Eyeshadow in Cranberry:
- I like wearing this an an all over lid shade. With proper blending this looks totally magical and fairy like on the lids.
- I use Arena which is a neutral shade with a sheen on the lids and use Cranberry in the crease.
- Cranberry can be used on the lid and a darker shade in the crease for a smokey eye.
- I love using this on the lower lachline. I use black on the waterline and Voila! You can instantly turn a simple look into a sexy one.
- Finally, I use Cranberry on my lid and MAC Sketch in the crease. Below is what it looks like.
Also Read MAC Surf Baby Surf USA Eyeshadow
Pros of MAC Eyeshadow in Cranberry:
- Its really versatile and can be used on the lid as well as in the crease.
- It’s such a magical shade and makes me think of fantasy things like fairies and elves.
- Love how it looks when worn on the lower lashl line.
- Super pigmented
- Good staying power
- It has a sheen rather than chunky shimmer which I’m not fond of.
Cons of MAC Eyeshadow in Cranberry:
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Staying Power: 5/5
- Availability: 5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 5/5
You may also enjoy reading:
- MAC Amber Lights Eyeshadow: Review, Swatches
- MAC Eyeshadow Sketch Review & Swatches
- MAC Eyeshadow in Moleskin: Review & Swatches
- 11 MAC Eyeshadows For Brown Eyes
- 5 Ways To Use MAC Espresso Eyeshadow & MAC Espresso Swatches
- MAC Mythical Eyeshadow Review, Swatch & EOTD (Tutotrial)
- MAC Sumptuous Olive Eyeshadow Dupe – Inglot Pearl 433 Eyeshadow