I guess, I’ve reviewed too many Plum/ Purple eyeshadows. So for a change I decided to review a very special eyeshadow from my Neutrals stash. I’ve already mentioned before about how I don’t like shimmery shadows or blushes too much the main reason being that it doesn’t look professional to wear to work. And I don’t party much so there are very few opportunities for me to wear the blingy shades. Hence, I initially started my eyeshadow collection with neutrals like this one from MAC called Moleskin. I wanted a very plain shade I could use on my lids which wouldn’t be too visible and also to use for blending out any harshness of the crease shade. After some research I zeroed in on this baby and I don’t regret it even 1 bit..
My take on MAC Eyeshadow in Moleskin:
- Color: Moleskin can be described as a soft, matte coffee color (very light coffee) with pink undertones. On some skintones, the pink may not be visible though. When I tried it on a friend it looked pretty much like a nude brown; but on my lids it looks more pink…Not something I expected but I don’t regret this either
- Price: INR 720 (earlier 680)
- Pigmentation & Texture: The pigmentation is quite good. Its matte so there’s nil shimmer. Those with dry lids may not like this since it may look powdery but trust me, this is one handy shade to have around.
- Staying Power: This stays on my lids for about 5hrs straight after which I need to reapply.
As I mentioned above, this is a very handy shade to have. I wouldn’t run to put it in the ‘Must have’ category but I’d like to tell you how this shade has been my crutch while learning eyeshadow basics:
- Firstly, when I just started wearing eyeshadows to work, my main aim was not for my eye makeup to be visible, but for it to be subtle yet something to define my eyes. So, this is what I used as an all-over lid shade with either MAC Espresso or MAC Texture in the crease.
- I am very prone to making mistakes (part of the learning curve) so more than once I’d end up with a messy crease with harsh lines. My answer to that is just to swirl my brush in this pan and run it in circular motions over the harsh edges. It softens it up immediately.
- I sometimes even use it over my concealor in my under-eye area since this looks pink on me and counteracts the dullness caused by my dark circles.
So girls, this may not be a shade we run towards excitedly. It’s honestly not even an eye catching shade but its multiple uses has made it one of my favs since I turn to it ever so often. Though I would definitely suggest those just starting out in the world of eye-makeup to surely give it a try at the store.
Swatch of MAC Eyeshadow in Moleskin:
I have swatched MAC Texture along along with Moleskin just so that you get an idea of how light/deep this shade is…
What I like about MAC Eyeshadow in Moleskin:
- A nice neutral to wear to work.
- A good lid shade
- Perfect to soften harsh edges
- Decent pigmentation
- Staying power is quite good.
- Not at all chalky
- A good shade for beginners.
- This shade makes it easy to rectify any mistakes.
What I don’t like about MAC Eyeshadow in Moleskin:
- Nothing.. except that it looks more pink on my lids..
- Pigmentation: 4/5
- Staying Power: 4/5
- Availability: 5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 4/5
What do you think of this shade? Would you go for it?
You may also enjoy reading:
- MAC #187 Duo Fiber Stippling Brush Review
- Must Have MAC lipsticks To Be Worn To Office
- MAC Off Shoot Lipstick :Review,Swatches & FOTD
- MAC Juxt Eyeshadow:Review,Swatch,FOTD
- 20 MAC Powder Blush Swatches
- MAC Cubic Blush, MAC Gingerly Blush, MAC Pinch Me, MAC Peach Twist Swatches
- MAC Swoon Pink Blush, MAC Fleur Powder, MAC Pinch O’Peach Swatches
- MAC Deep Truth Eyeshadow :Review, Swatches & EOTD
- MAC Well Dressed, MAC Breezy, MAC Dolly Mix, MAC Coy Girl Swatches
- MAC Flirt & Tease, MAC Breath Of Plum, MAC Plum Foolery & More Swatches
- MAC Semi Precious Feeling Flush Mineralize Blush Review
- MAC Semi Precious Unsurpassable Eyeshadow:Swatches,Review
- MAC Studio Fix Or MAC Mineralize Skin Or Mac Prolong Wear
- MAC Overrich Lipstick
- MAC Slimshine in Missy
- MAC Craving Lipstick
- MAC Funtabulous Dazzleglass
- MAC Viva Glam Cyndi