Last month was a hectic month in terms of travelling for work….even my husband was wondering whether I’d turned into a nomad. During one of my return journies, I happened to pass through Chennai and met Deepika for a fun filled day of shopping and hogging Sigh…What else could we ask for right? Well, it was on this trip to MAC that I did my very first Back to MAC and got this awesome lippy in exchange. For those of you who don’t know, Back2MAC is an initiative whereby on returning 6 MAC empties, we can either get an eyeshadow or a lipstick for free! I’d seen this shade at the Pune MAC store and had no doubt in my mind that this is exactly what I wanted…Read on to find out more.
About MAC Lipstick in Patisserie:
- Color: Patisserie is a sheer neutral Pink. You know how most neutrals are either invisible or brown or a more opaque pink?? Well, Patisserie is a sheer, flesh toned neutral pink which is a very MLBB shade for me and this would probably be my exact lip color had it not been for the pigmentation on my lips. It has no shimmer whatsoever, but being a Lustre finish lippy, it does give a glossy look.
- Price: INR980
- Coverage & Pigmentation: Coverage with this lippy is nil. Its absolutely sheer and those with heavy pigmentation would probably stay away from this unless you’re a sheer lippy lover like I am.
- Texture: MAC Lustre finishes are sheer and glossy…both qualities which I find thoroughly endearing in a lippy. I love this because despite being sheer, the glossiness tends to somehow cover up the worst of the pigmentation on my lips. ..Don’t ask me how..It’s a mystery to me but it does…
- Staying Power: This stays for about 1.5 hrs on my lips but when worn over MAC Lip Prep n Prime, it lasts about 3 -3.5hrs. I don’t mind this since it’s a sheer shade..
I love how natural this lipstick looks on me. Patisserie I can say, is THE perfect MLBB shade for me. It makes all other MLBB shades I’ve had in the past fade into the background. The color, the glossy finish…everything about it screams ‘Class’!
Blush Recco: This lipstick can be paired with any outfit at any time. But I personally prefer wearing this when I’m wearing darker or brighter clothing or darker makeup. I like pairing this with a brighter blush like Frankly Scarlett which is a bright red. Hence, MAC Patisserie really works to tone down any excess brightness in the look. Other blushes that can be used with this are Illamasqua Thrust or even Kryolan Youth Red.
All in all, I really love this shade and I feel like this epitomizes what a ‘rose-bud set of lips’ may look like after application.
Swatch of MAC Lipstick in Patisserie:
Here is a comparative swatch of this lipstick since I feel it will give you a fair idea of how sheer it is in comparison to other MAC shades.
What I like about MAC Lipstick in Patisserie:
- The most perfect flesh tones pink which makes me look liked I’ve used only a gloss over my lips.
- Sheer and perfect for everyday.
- Gr8 to use if you’re wearing brighter clothing or make up.
- The glossiness takes attention away from the pigmentation on my lips.
- Doesn’t settle into my lips.
What I don’t like about MAC Lipstick in Patisserie:
- Will not suit deeper skin tones or heavily pigmented lips.
- Pigmentation: 4/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 3.5/5
- Availability: 5/5
- Price vs. Value: 4/5
Have you tried MAC Patisserie? What are your views about it?
You may also like reading:
- MAC #187 Duo Fiber Stippling Brush Review
- Must Have MAC lipsticks To Be Worn To Office
- MAC Off Shoot Lipstick :Review,Swatches & FOTD
- MAC Juxt Eyeshadow:Review,Swatch,FOTD
- 20 MAC Powder Blush Swatches
- MAC Cubic Blush, MAC Gingerly Blush, MAC Pinch Me, MAC Peach Twist Swatches
- MAC Swoon Pink Blush, MAC Fleur Powder, MAC Pinch O’Peach Swatches
- MAC Deep Truth Eyeshadow :Review, Swatches & EOTD
- MAC Well Dressed, MAC Breezy, MAC Dolly Mix, MAC Coy Girl Swatches
- MAC Flirt & Tease, MAC Breath Of Plum, MAC Plum Foolery & More Swatches
- MAC Semi Precious Feeling Flush Mineralize Blush Review
- MAC Semi Precious Unsurpassable Eyeshadow:Swatches,Review
- MAC Studio Fix Or MAC Mineralize Skin Or Mac Prolong Wear
- MAC Overrich Lipstick
- MAC Slimshine in Missy
- MAC Craving Lipstick
- MAC Funtabulous Dazzleglass
- MAC Viva Glam Cyndi