Getting NARS blushes is like an unimaginable luxury. I don’t know whether its the fact that its not easily available, or that its so pricey or their funky names which attracts us so much. But this blush I picked for a reason…actually more of a childhood memory.
Remember ‘The Addams Family’ sitcom which used to come on the telly? I remember being in 5th grade and watching it with great interest. I recall Gomez in his fits of passion would take Morticia’s arm and croon “Mi Amore” and then proceed to kiss her arm..As a kid this would send me into fits of giggles and when I saw this Nars blush with a similar name, I couldn’t help it. It was just of those kinks which made me think, ‘I HAVE to have this blush!’
About NARS blush in Amour:
NARS Blush offers a range of translucent, natural shades, each with a subtle pink for natural blush undertone, created to highlight the complexion. Designed to be worn alone or layered together for more depth, NARS Blush provides a healthy glow to flatter any skintone.
- Price: $28 (available on Strawberrynet as well)
- Quantity: 4.8gms
My take on NARS blush in Amour:
- Color: Nars described this blush as a peachy pink blush. I find this to be a deeper peach with coral undertones as well. It’s completely matte which is a rarity to find amongst Nars blushes, but yet another reason why I chose this. I wear blushes to work and I can’t use shimmery ones at all. So this really fit the bill.
- Pigmentation & Texture: The blush is highly pigmented as visible and a tiny bit is sufficient. Infact, I always tap off the excess from the brush even after a single dip. This is because the blush is incredibly soft and pigmented and even one dip in the pan bring off so much color. The texture is butter soft..somewhere in the middle of MAC and Illamasqua I’d say.
- Staying Power: This lasts about 6-7hrs but does start to fade lightly after 5hrs of wear.
- Application: I use a rounded blush brush to apply this to the sides of my cheeks. The texture is so soft that even blending it out is easy and takes no time at all!
Pros of NARS blush in Amour:
- Nice for daily wear
- No shimmer and hence, perfect to wear to work
- Super pigmented
- Will last eons
- Soft texture and blends in a jiffy
- stays on my cheeks throughout the day…even in the Hot-Hot summers
- It’s NARS!!!
Cons of NARS blush in Amour:
- The packaging is rubbery and collects a lot of dust easily.
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Texture: 5/5
- Staying Power: 5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 4.5/5