I came across these blushes on Emily Noel’s You Tube channel. She mentioned it in one of her fav blush videos last year and they looked so interesting that I simply had to buy them. After a lot of online hunting, I found this on our own desi site: Coollifeshop. I immediately picked these 2 since they seemed to be so pretty..not to mention the funky names were kinda riveting and I was helpless to stave off the temptation
About NYC Blushable Cream Sticks
Get the glow you’ll want to show with NYC New York Color Blushable Crème Stick. It gives a natural flush to your cheeks in one quick step. Soft and creamy colors can be blended to the desired intensity and coverage. This lightweight formula provides sheer, all-over color as well as subtle, shimmering accents, contours and dynamic highlights to your cheeks. Quick, on-the-go and extremely easy to apply.
- Sheer crème blush creates a silky powder finish
- Soft and creamy formula blends easily with fingertips to desired intensity and coverage
- Convenient twist-up stick for quick application
- Dermatologist tested
Key Ingredients: Vitamin A, C and E
My take on the NYC Blushable Cream sticks in Berry New Yorker & Mauvin Uptown:
- Color: Berry New Yorker is a Mauvin Uptown is a Mauve toned pink blush which has more of a sheen than shimmer. Mauvin Uptown is a deeper, more concentrated Mauve shade with strong Brown undertones. This does have a subtle shimmer to it.
- Price: $3.99/ INR 350
- Quantity: 8g
- Pigmentation & Texture: Both blushes are well pigmented but Mauvin Uptown is crazzzyyyy pigmented of the 2. Texture-wise both are soft and silky to the touch and are quite easy to apply and blend. Both have a sheen to it that if not handled well could look oily.
- Staying Power: This blush stays put for about 4hrs on my cheeks and then starts to fade gradually.
- Application: I find my fingers best to use this. I just swirl 2 fingers on this and then tap on my cheek and blend towards the hairline. It can be applied directly on the face ofcourse, but then I’d have to sanitize it everytime and I’d rather sanitize my hands than sanitize the blush…Dunno why, but yes I’m crazy that way.
I loved these blushes so much that I ordered some more…reviews coming soon. They totally suit my Dry/ Combi skin and I haven’t broken out even once. And the most impressive thing is how much quantity this stick holds…I’ve become a huge fan of this I must say. The only hitch I can forsee is that to oily skinned gals. These blushes both leave a sheen on the face. For dry/ combi skinned persons this wooould just serve to makethe skin look more moisturized and youthful but on oilies this would just make the skin look oilier and greasy.
Pros of NYC Blushable Cream sticks in Berry New Yorker & Mauvin Uptown:
- I found it quite moisturizing on my skin especially in winters.
- Didn’t break me out
- Can be worn to work too since it’s devoid of shimmer.
- Superb pigmentation
- Easy to work with
- Blends easily
- Travel friendly since there’s no chance of breakage
- Decent staying power
- The quantity is well worth the price.
Cons of NYC Blushable Cream sticks in Berry New Yorker & Mauvin Uptown:
- May not suit oily skinned beauties.
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Texture: 4.5/5
- Staying Power: 4/5
- Price vs. Quality: 5/5
Have any of you tried either of these Blushable cream sticks??
You may also like reading:
- 4 Faces Glam On Cream Blush Photos & Swatches
- Smashbox Red Carpet Radiance Palette: Review, Swatches
- Faces Nail Paint Copper & Gold 504 hotos & Swatches
- Wise She This Week Sale Alert (Nov Week 3)
- Fashion & You Stylecraze Sale Alert
- E.L.F. Clarifying Pressed Powder Review
- Bronzer for Indian skin
- ELF Super glossy Lip Shine In Pink Lemonade Review
- ELF Bronzer in Sunkissed