After more than a year with WiseShe and watching A and so many other beauties flaunting the ever feared Red lips, it was only a matter of time until I succumbed. I am usually a Red-O-phobic but a single swatch of this shade at the YSL counter sealed the deal for me. So here goes the review of my one and only bright red lippy…Hope you like it as much as I do..
About YSL Pur Couture Lipstick in Rouge Saadi:
A new-generation lipstick inspired by Monsieur Saint Laurent’s iconic color palette—red, fuchsia and orange—in a collection of captivating couture shades that offer each complexion a customized look. Enveloped in a luxurious gold case designed by Creative Director Stefano Pilati, Rouge Pur Couture speaks elegance. Lips are saturated with intense, stay-true color, thanks to the Coloreveal Technology while natural extracts provide comforting moisture that lasts all day. Provides medium to full coverage with a radiant, satin finish. SPF 15.
Ingredients: Octyldodecanol, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Stearyl/Ppg-3 Myristyl Ether Dimer Dilinoleate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polyethylene, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Polybutene, Propylene Glycol Dibenzoate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Titanium Dioxide, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Parfum (Fragrance), Caprylyl Glycol, Aqua (Water), Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Mannitol , Polyurethane-15, Acacia Senegal Gum, Glyceryl Stearate, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract , Yeast (Faex) Extract , Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Citric Acid
My experience with YSL Pur Couture Lipstick in Rouge Saadi:
- Color: Rouge Saadi is a lovely, glossy red with coral undertones. It isn’t a maroon red or an orange based red….just a full blooded Red. It does have minute shimmers but it’s hardly visible on the lips and just makes the lips looks glossy instead of shimmery.
- Price: INR 1850
- Coverage & Pigmentation: This is a full coverage lipstick; although it can be used lightly or even patted on as a stain.
- Texture: As mentioned above, the shade is extremely glossy and even feels so on my lips. I think it’s because of this glossiness that it doesn’t settle into my lip lines and looks fresh for a longer period of time.
- Staying Power: This stays on for a loonnnggg time….Even after 5hrs the color is there on my lips minus the shine ofcourse. Infact, to remove it completely, I need to use a makeup remover. I use Maybelline’s Eye and Lip makeup remover for this.
I have always shied away from Reds…even though I have a fascination for the color. I have tried so many reds at stores, but never bought any because it never seemed to be right for me…they were either too dark or too blinding..This is the perfect shade of red for me….I think it’s because of that underlying hint of coral which just lends a younger look and makes my face brighter and more lively..
YSL Pur Couture Lipstick in Rouge Saadi on my lips:
What I like about YSL Pur Couture Lipstick in Rouge Saadi:
- A Va-Va Voom red shade
- A very pretty non-aunty-ish red lippy
- Can be used as a lipstick as well as a stain.
- Amazing pigmentation
- Fab staying power
- Doesn’t goop up or settle into my liplines.
- A lovely creamy formula.
- Classy and chic packaging
- Vast number of shades available
- Has SPF 15
What I don’t like about YSL Pur Couture Lipstick in Rouge Saadi:
- Very, very pricey
- The packaging is very smudge-prone.
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Packaging: 4/5
- Staying Power: 5/5
- Availability: 4.5/5
- Price vs. Value: 4/5
You may also like reading:
- 30 Beautiful Chambor Eyeliner Swatches & Photos
- Colorbar I-Glide Eye Pencil Coal Mine 09 Review & Swatches
- Chambor Eye tattoo Liner ET 03 Review & Swatches
- NYX 923 Copper Slim Eye Pencil Review and Swatches
- MAC Chromagraphic Pencil Rich Purple Review And Swatches
- Lakme Nine To Five Kohl Ultimate Photos & Swatches
- Diana Of London Shooting Star Eyeliner Eye Pencil Review
- Revlon Luxurious Color Smoky Crayon Bronze Smoke Review & Swatches
- Bourjois Khol and Contour eye pencil in Bronze Raffine 79 Review & Swatches
- Amway Attitude Eyeliner Pencil Kajal Coal Review & Swatches
- Oriflame Beauty Eye liner Stylo Review
- Avon Glimmerstick Diamond Eyeliner Review
- Lakme Fantasy Collection Shadow Artist Shimmer Stick Glimmer Green Review
- YSL Pur Couture Lipstick in Rose Bergamasque Review & Swatches