This is my fourth gloss review. The first being Maybelline Colorsensational Lip gloss, then Lotus Botanical Lip gloss and third Lakme Aqua Shine Plum Gloss. I love opaque, non sticky and non shimmery plummy shades. The one that I am reviewing here is also a plum shade but with a little bit of the earth in it.
I like Chambor because the brand is well known and below I have listed a few of Chambors attributes for those are new to makeup and the brand.
- None of the products have ‘ANIMAL INGREDIENTS’
- Products are of High Quality Solutions (HQS)
- Colors are suitable for Indian Complexion
- Premium, Exclusive & Unique Make Up range
- Follows current fashion trends
- Approachable & Aspirational beauty
- Elegant style
- Price: Rs 550
- Quantity: 6.5 ml
As usual never looking to purchase anything, I’m always obliging SA’s when they approach me with those sad doe eyes. How can you turn away from them when they give you phrases like “just look, only try don’t buy, just feel and madam please!” So here I was passing a Health and Glow outlet when the Chambor SA caught my attention. She had the gloss in her hand – armed and ready to flatter me with the swatch. You probably know the story from here on. I fell for it, loved it, thought about it, checked all the possible reviews on it, planned for it and finally bought it. A 2 month exercise!
There are two variants in the Glitzy Gloss Range namely Intense and Twilight. As the name suggests Glitzy Intense gives you a finish made of pure opaque colour and colours in Glitzy Twilight are pearlescent and give a pearly finish. These fabulous colours compliment all skin tones.
- The Glitzy Intense Range has numbers 501, 502, 504, 505, 506
- The Glitzy Twilight Range has numbers 602, 603, 604, 606, 615, 616
This packaging in nice. Nothing out of the ordinary. Good looking enough to take out infront of everyone. Transparent plastic tube so you can see the colour and the amount contained. 616 has no shimmer in it, is totally creamy, opaque and is ABSOLUTELY non sticky. It has a refreshing smell and has just the right fluid consistency to allow it to go on nice and smooth. It feels very hydrating and you can apply it lightly and build on the colour just a bit with a second coat. It is nice for the day and very suitable for office wear. It does not stain the lips and comes off easily with my daily cleanser. It makes the lips look soft and natural without that over the top look.
Chambor Glitzy Gloss 506, 505, 504, 502, 501
So I love wearing this gloss but I can’t stand that stupid brush applicator. Feels like a nail paint applicator really. I am looking for a way to replace the wand and there are two ways to do that. One, I get a Chambor SA to give me the doe applicator of one of her testers in exchange for my brush, which I will then wash, dry and re-use or second, I will break this brush applicator from the cap and replace it with a spare doe applicator from an ancient gloss using some Fevicol!
Chambor Glitzy Gloss 604, 606, 603, 602, 616, 615, 604, 606
I don’t think I would use any other colour in the range but I am tempted to try 604 maybe after I finish this one. Since I liked the product so much I got you guys swatches of all the colours in the range….Enjoy and go get one for yourself too!
What I like about Chambor Glitzy Gloss 616:
- Non Sticky (the biggest pro)
- No shimmer
- Lovely colour
- Good quality product
- Lasts for a reasonable amount of time. 2 to 3 hours without eating. I don’t like those long lasting glosses.
- Does not setlle into lip lines
- Nice pigmentation. Can cover pigmented lips in one go
- Shimmery and opaque shades available in this range
- Easily available in stores all over the country and online
What I don’t like about Chambor Glitzy Gloss 616:
- The brush applicator. Requires a bit of practise to get the cupids bow right.
- Limited Range of colours
Have you tried Chambor Glitzy Gloss 616?
You may also enjoy reading:-
- New Clinique Repairwear Uplifiting Firming Cream-Now in Stores!
- New Inglot Pigment Powders
- Introducing Posh Fusion – High End Designer Products At Your Door Step
- Avène Thermal Spring Water Information
- Fruit Sensations From Inglot This Monsoon:Lip color shades and Price Info
- Street Wear Color Rich Lip Color – Pink Spark 06 Review & Swatches
- YSL Pur Couture Lipstick in Rouge Saadi: Swatches & Review