There was a trend a few years ago where it was “in” to have dark outlined lips with a lighter color lipstick inside. It was one of the fads I detested the most because it honestly made the sweetest of girls look like vamps I felt it looked unflattering on almost every one on the surface of the earth and it made me completely stay away from lip liners . My first lip liner was from Maybelline Moisture Whip collection and I bought it mainly coz I found my MLBB shade which I simply couldn’t find in any lipstick . Since then, I use lip liner mostly to use all over the lip and less to outline or define . Anyways, if you’re into make-up you’d end up owning atleast one lip liner, no?
About Avon Glimmersticks Lip Liner:
Smooth Glide on, long wearing color enhances the wear of any lipstick. Water-proof, retractable, self-sharpening.
- Quantity: 0.25 gms / 0.009 oz
- Price: INR 259
- Shelf life: 18 months from mfg date
- Mystery Mauve
- Perfect Plum
- Rich Cocoa
- Rich Ginger
- Red Brick
- Dark Berry
- Pink Bouquet
Cyclomethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Paraffin, Diisostearyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Peg-6, Beeswax, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ozokerite, Ceresin,Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate
Iron Oxides, Mica,Titanium Dioxide, Manganese Violet
My Take on Avon Glimmersticks Lip Liner in Nude
It comes in a black, retractable pencil form and the twist-up mechanism is smooth and sturdy. At the tail end of the pencil is a band of color that corresponds to the shade inside. This makes it easy to locate shades if you own many pencils. The shade name is also mentioned near the color indicator. Both the the mfg date and the expiry date are printed on the pencil. The cap snaps shut nice and tight and there’s no question of this opening up in your purse.
Also check out Revlon 12 Roasted Coffee Lip Liner Review and Swatches
- Shade Description:
Most shades termed as “nude” turn out be concealer-types that can make you look like you have no lips at all This shade is more of a brown with hints of peach in just the right proportion to make this a universally flattering color. It has strong burnt-coral undertones and would easily suit most complexions ranging from medium-fair to dusky. This will easily blend with a lot of lipstick shades without the liner forming a stark outline. For me this is more MLBB types and I usually wear a lip balm and then color my entire lips with this pencil. The lip balm helps to mute the color a bit and the end result is natural-looking, even-toned lips
- Texture & Finish:
On my palm, the pencil seems to glide effortlessly but on my lips it’s another story . I’m not sure if it’s because I have pretty dry lips, I feel that the pencil is a bit hard and it tugs at my lips. The formula is so dry that I’m afraid I’ll break the tip while trying to apply it. So as a general rule, I always apply either a lip balm or a moisturizing lippie first and then use this. The finish is ultra-matte without the slightest hint of shine.
It is quite nicely pigmented and one stroke does provide decent color pay-off. But if your lip pigmentation is dark, you may need a couple more swipes for the color to show. Nevertheless, the color is easily buildable to deliver full coverage.
- Staying power:
Because of the drying formula of the liner, it stays put and does not smudge or bleed. It is also water-resistant. It prolongs the wear of your lipstick by another hour or two. But I find the lasting power quite low when worn alone (less than 2 hours) and I feel the reason could be because I use it over my lip balm instead of under it. It could also be because of how natural this shade is that I can’t quite figure out if there is any color left behind. It lasts much longer if you apply it directly.
It is fairly easy to remove and does not require a separate cleanser.
Please note that the shade is slightly darker than what is seen in all the pics.
What I like about Avon Glimmersticks Lip Liner in Nude:
- Lovely shade that will suit a wide range of complexions
- Looks very natural and blends well with most lipstick colors
- Shade is nice enough to be worn on its own
- Packaging is user-friendly, sturdy and travel-friendly
- Retractable and self-sharpening
- Color indicator at the end of the pencil makes it easy to locate shades
- Decently pigmented and is buildable to deliver full coverage
- Matte finish
- Does not smudge or bleed
- Water resistant
- Prolongs wear of lipstick
- Available in a nice variety of shades to choose from
- Can be bought on discount
What I don’t like about Avon Glimmersticks Lip Liner in Nude:
- Wish the formula was creamier since it does not glide easily on my dry lips
- Tip is prone to breakage when used directly on the lips without a lip balm underneath
- Using a lip balm underneath messes with the staying power and it lasts less than two hours (when worn alone without lipstick)
- Ingredients list is not given on the product (I got it from their website)
Final thoughts on Avon Glimmersticks Lip Liner in Nude:
I love this lip liner primarily for the nice shade and the fact that it’s retractable. This way there’s no wastage and I can use the product to the last bit. The only issue I have with this is that the formula is very drying and I would have liked it to be creamier. Nevertheless, it’s definitely worth it and I’m very happy with my purchase
- Shade: 5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Formula: 3/5
- Pigmentation: 4.5/5
- Lasting power: 3.5/5
Have you tried Avon Glimmersticks Lip Liner?
You may also like to read:
- Avon Urban Jungle Glimmerstick Eye Liner Textured Teal Review & Swatches
- Avon Naturals Tea Tree & Thyme Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Review
- Avon Nailwear Pro Nail Enamel Casablanca
- Avon Simply Pretty Clear Mascara Review
- AVON True Color Blush Molta Mocha Review & Swatches
- AVON True Color Blush Hibiscus Review & Swatches
- AVON Ultra Color Rich Moisture Seduction Lipstick Rosewine: Swatches, Review