I got these through the strawberrynet site late last year and was quite curious because it was a plumping gloss..I haven’t tried many of them but well, who wouldn’t like an Angelina Jolie pout without going under the knife?? My reaction to these though is quite ‘Thanda’ and let me tell you why…
About CK Sheer Plumping Lipglosses:
- Provides sheer, radiant shine color for lips Enriched with marine collagen micro-spheres
- Replenishes moisture & boosts volume
- Leaves your lips look fuller & more glamorous
- Wear alone or over lipstick to magnify color
- Dermatologist tested
- Size: 8.5ml
- Price: $35 each
My experience with CK Sheer Plumping Lipgloss in Spun Sugar, Gossip& Precocious:
- Packaging: These glosses some in a long, translucent, rectangular tube and is quite sturdy as well. The applicator is a brush type which isn’t too high in quality. The brush with Spun Silk looks kind of frayed and the bristles are all over the place which makes application a big pain!
- Color: Spun Sugar looks like a light purpley-mauve in the tube but on application it’s completely clear without even a hint of mauve. Its perfect to top off any lipstick. Gossip is a fuschia purple gloss with micro shimmers in blue and silver. Precocious is a milky pink with tiny silver shimmers which are hardly visible when applied.
- Coverage & Pigmentation: Spun sugar is obviously a clear gloss from the swatch so there’s no question of pigmentation. Gossip is the most pigmented of the lot. I prefer wearing this on its own because it’s so pigmented that it would just overpower any lippy. It does provide medium coverage though which I quite like. Precocious is a light to medium coverage gloss which can be worn alone for a lightly pink tinted lip or even over another lipstick to enhance the look.
- Texture: All three glosses are non-sticky and thank God for that! My only problem is with Precocious. After10mins of wear, it starts looking goopy on me…NOT happening!
- Staying Power: The plumping effect is honestly not too much…After tingling for about 1min, my lips look only a tiny bit plumped up…but nothing great or too noticeable. It lasts the same as all other glosses….about 2-2.5 hrs without eating or drinking.
Of all 3, Gossip is undoubtedly my favorite. I love the color and usually wear it all alone. Spun sugar I use to top off lipsticks sometimes. I never use Precocious though….it just looks so goopy and yucky on my lips….furthermore, it washes me out and accentuates my fine lines and any dryness on my lips….
But above all…the plumping claim. I only felt the tingling on application, but no great plumping effect..My lips do look a tiny bit fuller but nothing that even too noticeable. For me, these are like any other gloss available.
Swatches of CK Sheer Plumping Lipgloss in Spun Sugar, Gossip& Precocious:
What I like about CK Sheer Plumping Lipgloss in Spun Sugar, Gossip& Precocious:
- Gossip is an amazing shade and would suit anyone.
- Spun Silk is handy to have since I always believe a girl should always have a clear gloss in her kitty.
- The shimmers are not drying and don’t stick to the lips.
- A very pretty peachy pink color that most of us would go for.
- Doesn’t settle into my lip lines
- Non-sticky texture
What I don’t like about CK Sheer Plumping Lipgloss in Spun Sugar, Gossip& Precocious:
- Precocious is streaky and goopy
- The applicator quality is bad…One of te three has frayed sooo badly!
- Doesn’t plump my lips…which is its basic purpose.
Have you tried any of the Calvin Klein glosses?
You may also enjoy reading:
- Maxfactor Color Perfection Eyeliner Black Review & Swatches
- Dupe Alert – Makeup Forever #29 Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick Dupe
- MaxFactor Colour Elixir Lipstick Rosewood Review, Swatches & Photos
- MAX FACTOR Color Elixir Pink Brandy 825 lipstick Review And Swatches
- W7 Beauty On The Go Makeup Pallete Review & Swatches
- HipHop Instant Lipstick Remover Pads Review
- NYX Powder Blush in Peach Review
- Lakme Absolute Mattreal Skin Natural Mousse Photos & Swatches