I got a few gifts in advance this year from my folks. Most of the products were from Clarins and I will review them one by one. I had previously reviewed Clarins White Plus HP Pearl-to-Cream Brightening Cleanser. It is a wonderful cleansing product. The remaining products I would like to categorise into two. One being daily skin regime products and the other products for a wonderful home facial. Yes, Clarins has products designed for a facial in the comfort of your own home.
The entire Clarins haul right here –
One by one I will be reviewing the products in the facial and then the skin regime…There are 3 products needed for the facial…
- Gentle Peeling – this is an exfoliator in the form of a cream for sensitive skin. There are no microbeads in it. Need be on for only a minute and then u have to just lightly scrub / peel it off to reveal clean, radiant skin. (step 1)
- The Hydraquench Cream mask – it is an oasis of comfort for devitalized skin. It’s soothing creamy and non-drying formula restores the ideal moisture needed to balance dry and dehydrated skin in just 5-10 minutes. It is suitable for people living in all climates at all times! ( step 2)
- Toner – to remove the mask and finish the entire process. ( step 3)
About Clarins Products :
Clarins uses the most active plant extracts because a plant can boost the properties of another. They combine in the same formula, (AromaPhyto) aromatic essential oils and plant extracts with treatment benefits specially selected for their complementary and ideal synergetic actions.
Today I will be reviewing the Gentle Peeling Smooth Away Cream
- Price: INR 1765
- Quantity: 50 ml
Exfoliation once or twice a week is an essential part of a skin care routine to enhance the complextion and make it radiant. Clarins Gentle Peeling Smooth away cream, is suited for Normal, Dry, Combination and Oily skin types. It smoothes away impurities with natural clay, delivering immediate radiance to all skin types, even the most sensitive. Soothing Primrose extract helps maintain an ideal pH balance to ensure clean, comfortable, radiant skin.
- Primrose: The oil contains fatty acids is used for skin disorders such as eczema, psoriasis, and acne.
- Great Burdock: Found in temperate climates the composition of the elongated root exerts a purifying, cleansing action. It has long been used in traditional medicine to relieve skin infections such as eczema and acne.
The product is silvery grey in colour and you can warm it a bit in the palm of your hands and then apply a thin layer all over the face avoiding the eye area. Wait for a minute and then take it off with light sweeping movements working outwards from the middle of the face. Rinse with warm water and then move on to step two that is hydration or finish off with a toner. Preferably Clarins toner with Chamomille and sans alcohol. (without alcohol)
It will leave your skin feeling very clean, ultra soft and generally much smoother. Since it contains clay extracts I am tempted to say that it can be drying to skin that is already dehydrated. Hence, hydration essentially becomes step 2.
The exfoliation process is extremely gentle and my skin did not have any reactions or irritations. This is apt for those like me with sensitive skin. Honestly, its been over a year since I did any exfoliation cause it does irritate my skin and that is why I appreciate this exfoliator with primrose extract and I will keep on using it.
- My rating : 4/5 ( only because of the price, I can live with the parabens )
In India Clarins has 3 more exfoliators:
- Gentle Refiner Exfoliating Cream with Microbeads INR 1765 for 50 ml
- One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser with Orange Extract INR 1400 for 125 ml
- Bright Plus Gentle Brightening Exfoliator INR 2000 for 125 ml
What I like about Clarins Gentle Peeling Smooth Away Cream:
- AromaPhyto products
- Dermatologist tested
- Suited for Sensitive skin
- Well known, high Quality brand
- Works in a minute
- Instant deep cleansing
- Exfoliates without abrasion
- Hardly any fragrance
- 30 uses from a 75ml tube @66 Rs. per time! ( Can’t help calculating )
- Attractive packaging
What I don’t like about Clarins Gentle Peeling Smooth Away Cream:
- Availability in all Indian cities
Have you tried Clarins Gentle Peeling Smooth Away Cream?
You may also enjoy reading:
- Lotus Berry Scrub Review
- Body Shop Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash Review
- Sugar scrubs – Sugar lip scrub
- Lush Pow Wow Lip Scrub Review
- Clarins Mascara – Instant Definition Mascara