This is the second product in my series on the Clarins home facial. I reviewed the first step here.
What Clarins says about it’s HydraQuench Cream Mask
An oasis of comfort for devitalized skin. This product has a formula that is soothing and restores an ideal moisture balance to dry, dehydrated skin in just 5-10 minutes. Katafray Bark extract attracts moisture to skin — then seals it in to smooth fine lines and restore a soft, supple texture. Sorbier Tree Bud stimulates micro-circulation, boosting cellular renewal for a healthy-looking glow.
- Price: 2000
- Quantity : 75 ml
- Read: Importance Of Face Masks
- The Katafray is a tree found across Madagascar. It’s bark extract helps improve the quality of the corneal layer and encourages the skin’s natural hydration mechanisms.
- Found in France the Sorbier tree buds improve the quality of the circulatory system, stimulate the microcirculation and ensure lasting protection of blood capillaries.
- Hyaluronic acid, a natural skin component capable of retaining up to 1,000 times its weight in water, increases hydration.
- The Clarins HydraQuench Range benefits from the ClarinsExpertise 3P Complex (Poly Pollution Protection) and protects your skin against the harmful effects of today’s pollution.
Always searching for the most active plant extracts Because a plant can boost the properties of another, Clarins biochemists are constantly looking to create the highest performing combination of vegetal ingredients. AromaPhyto products are the best example of this art of dosage and mixing: they combine in the same formula aromatic essential oils and plant extracts with treatment benefits which are selected for their complementary and ideal synergetic actions.
The texture and smell of the product is just awesome. It’s creamy so it glides on to the face and smells divine and refreshing.
Well, this is how you use it.
- First deep cleanse your face with your regular cleanser / exfoliator or use the Clarins Gentle Peeling Smooth away cream exfoliator.
- Second apply a layer of Hydraquench mask generously all over your face. A thick layer is not going to cause you to breakout. You will be able to make out how much to use from the picture below. Leave it on for bout 10 to 15 mins or more depending on how de hydrated your skin is.
- Do not apply it over your eyes. For the eyes you can place some cotton dipped in rose water over them.
- If you want to have like a spa experience you can put a facial sheet mask over your face and just lightly press your face with your palms from your cheeks to your ears. Then place your hands on your forehead and continue the pressing motions from the middle of your forehead to your temples. Then from the neck to the decollete. This gentle pressing of your palms against your skin aids absorption and lymphatic drainage that aids in detoxification.
- Lastly, finish off by rinsing your face with plain water or Clarins non-alcoholic toner . A 75ml tube will last you bout 30 uses.
Here you see me with the product on my face.
Your skin feels like a million bucks. Smooth, hydrated, plumped up and just A W E S O M E. Do this twice a week or before a date or an evening out and expect lots of compliments…
If you need hydration, moisturise your skin what ever the season, with other products in the same range available in India.
HydraQuench Lotion SPF 15 – 3800 75ml
HydraQuench Rich Cream – 2800 50ml
HydraQuench Moisture Replenishing Lip Balm – 1100 15ml
HydraQuench Cream – 2800 50 ml
HydraQuench Cooling Cream-Gel – 2800 50 ml
HydraQuench Cream-Gel – 2800 50 ml
HydraQuench Intensive Serum Bi-Phase – 3100 30 ml
My Rating: 4/5
What I like about Clarins HydraQuench Cream-Mask:
- Immediate hydration and plumped up skin
- Transforms your skin in a jiffy
- Smells divine
- High quality brand
- Good ingredients
- All this in the comfort of your own home
- Attractive packaging.
- 30 uses from a 75ml tube @66 Rs. per time! ( Can’t help calculating)
What I don’t like about Clarins HydraQuench Cream-Mask:
- Availability in all Indian cities
Have you tried Clarins HydraQuench Cream-Mask?
You may also enjoy reading:
- Aspirin/Disprin Mask with step by step pictures
- Oriflame Eucalyptus Exfoliating Foot Scrub & Soothing Foot
- Dove Gentle Exfoliating Body Wash Review
- Satin Pure Exfoliating Hair Removal Pads Review
- Ayur Walnut And Apricot Exfoliating Scrub Review
- Neutrogena Visibly Clear Gentle Exfoliating Wash Review