We buy a lot of make-up and mostly through the online stores. And most often we have a problem that the actual shade does not match with the color shown in the site. Has it ever happened to you guys that you buy a product with all the expectations in the world and when it arrives you go “oh owww, where did I go wrong???” and just when you are all disappointed that this product / shade did not work out, your sister/mom/friend comes, takes 1 look at the shade, they go wacky nuts!!This one did that to me.
Presenting Colorbar velvet matte lipstick in SHY CHERRY. When I was searching the net for online reviews I did not find any. I was wondering everyone missed this shade. This is such a beauty. Read on!
The below review is based on usage by my sis who is fair-wheatish.
- Color: As the name suggests, this is a shy red color, beautiful mute red. And this can be built to lend a daring red color which does not look vampire-ish. It brightens your complexion. Pic was not able to capture the actual glory of this color. Pictures look more pink, do try this in the counter, you’ll love it if you are a fan of red or shy away from loud red.
- Price: 225 for 4.2 gm from stylecraze. (Currently 250. I honestly don’t know why they keep increasing the price.
- Texture & pigmentation: we have discussed so much about the texture of these lippies. It’s a pleasure to wear, glides on smoothly, not heavy on the lips. It covers pigmentation completely. My sister received really good compliments for this shade. On the pic below, left one is swatched twice, the right one is swatched once. You can see how intense the color is…
Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick in Shy Cherry Swatches:-
- Staying power: Amazing. This stays for more than 6 hours. Since this can be used as both lippie and lip stain the staying power entirely depends on how you have applied it. Lip stain surely stays for a good 3 hrs after that it fades. It tends to highlight the lines, if your lips are dry, so moisturize well in case you are wearing this one.
My sister wore is as a lip stain here.
As a lippie here..
What I like about Colorbar lipstick in Shy Cherry:-
- Beautiful shade, nice mute red. Suitable for office wear.
- Can be used as a simple lip stain if your office frowns on made-up look.
- Smooth texture, glides on easily.
- Amazing staying power.
- Affordable. As of now …
What I don’t like about Colorbar lipstick in Shy Cherry
- Need to remove with a make-up remover. I really hate this.
- Pricey. I feel this price will also increase.
- Dries out the lip, need to moisturize the lips before wearing this. Highlights lip lines.
- Highlights the puffiness in your eyes if any. This happened with my friend.
Hope this review was good. My first review!
Have any of you tried the Colorbar lipstick in Shy Cherry??
You may also enjoy reading:
- Colorbar Velvett Matte Lipstick Oh My Magenta Review & Swatches.
- COLORBAR VELVET MATTE LIPSTICK BRICK-O-LA 42 M REVIEW & SWATCHES
- Colorbar Velvet Matte Rum Raisin 41M Review & Swatches
- Colorbar I-Glide Eye Pencil Coal Mine 09 Review & Swatches
- Colorbar iglide eyeliner in glowing sapphire review + sapphire blue Review
- Colorbar Kohl Intense Eyeliner Mysterious Blue 002