I love ELF products..They have such a huge variety of makeup and so affordable. After a whole of cribbing about its availability in India, Stylecraze finally stocked some items from this brand some time back. Like a lot of you I was also really overjoyed and bought a lot of goodies in a frenzy. Some stuff turned out really nice whereas some were not as impressive. Today I’ll be reviewing a blush from the studio line which didn’t quite live up to its hype. The name was snapped up from MAC which also has a blush by the same name. I somehow hoped this would be a cheaper dupe and picked it up…and boy! Was I wrong!
About ELF Studio Blush:
The soft sheer texture blends into the skin for a silky finish. Designed to be worn alone or layered for more depth. Highlight your complexion with a subtle healthy glow!
Apply to the apples of the cheeks or any other area you wish to highlight.
- Price: $3
- Quantity: 4.75 gms
Check out 11 beautiful pink and powder blushes
My take on the ELF Studio Blush in Peachykeen :
- Packaging: The blush comes in a black, plastic square pan like NARS but with a clear panel in the front which makes it easy to identify the shade.
- Color: Peachykeen is a beigey gold with a hint of peach. It does have tiny shimmers which are really not too visible..Actually, the blush itself isn’t that visible on my skin. I expected a lot more peach!
- Texture & Pigmentation: The blush isn’t too pigmented although the texture is quite nice and soft. Fallout is negligible and isn’t chalky at all.
- Staying Power: This isn’t too visible on me. It almost matches my skin tone and is just a hint more peachy. Within an hour I can’t really see it on my skin.
Disappointment is the word which springs to mind when I see this blush. I think I should have researched some more instead of being taken in by the name solely. I never have much of a problem even with blush which don’t stay long since I then use them when I’m going for a short outing. But what does one do when the blush is hardly visible?
So I try and use this when I don’t want to use heavy makeup and just want a bit of shine on my cheeks. A part of me thinks that deeper skintones may like this best since it would show up and give the skin a pretty glow. For me though it’s a definite miss.
Swatches of ELF Studio Blush in Peachykeen:
What I liked about ELF Studio Blush in Peachykeen:
- Pigmentation is good
- Would suit deeper skintones best
- Fairer skintones may use this only for the slight shine and glow it gives
- Not to pricey especially if bought abroad.
- Sturdy packaging
- Easy to blend
- The shimmers are very tiny and not the chunky kinds.
- Negligible fallout
- No Animal Testing done
What I dislike about ELF Studio Blush in Peachykeen:
- Availability in India is limited
- Doesn’t show up on my skin