“Generation Q is a celebration of beauty. Ageless, without limits or restrictions. It’s our declaration to the world that beauty is inclusive, not exclusive”. – Illamasqua
This fall 2012 collection sees the launch of two new eyeshadow quads; Empower and Complement.
Complement contains a brand new Pressed Pure Pigment (a warm reddish brown), a new Liquid Metal in Focus (a cool metallic brown) and two Powder Eyeshadows – one a creamy shimmer colour (a la Mac’s ‘Shroom’), the other a pinky-red tone.
- Price -£34.00 approximately INR 2941
The square packaging is real classy. The container has edges that are curved but the shadows are placed in perfectly square pans within. You can also find a built in mirror that is of good size. The one thing you won’t find inside is the regular sponge tip applicator. Those who depend on it might miss it. Otherwise it can pass.
Let’s talk about the shades now. There are 4:
Slink Power Eyeshadow – soft champagne with shimmer finish
Focus Liquid Metal – cool brown metal, metallic cream – NEW
Forgiveness Powder Eyeshadow – rich chocolate plum with matt finish
Queen of the Night Pressed Pure Pigment – blackened plum with shimmer finish.
Swatches Of Illamasqua Complement Palette:-
- Slink powder eyeshadow – it’s a soft warm champagne shade which has a shimmer finish. It’s something similar to MAC eyeshadow in flip but that’s little peachy.
- Focus liquid metal – its a beautiful metallic shade which is light in texture and blends nicely. It has fine shimmer in it and gives a nice wash of colour to the eye lids. On my eyes the metallic effect is visible and i like using it alone with a coloured eyeliner. This shade can be worn alone or complimented both during the day as well as evening.
- Forgiveness powder eyeshadow is true to its name. It is a beautiful chocolate plum shade with matt finish.
- Queen of the night pressed pure pigment is a blackend plum with shimmer. The shimmer is really fine.
The shadows stays on all day with negligible creasing. 6-7 hours max. Pigmentation is super and there is no noticable fall out except for the soft champagne shade in which i did notice some fall out.
Aren’t the colours vivid? Over all its a stunning and a breath taking eyeshadow palette which has all of my favourite shades. I feel comfortable wearing them and all four shades are unique in their own way. They work well together and combining them is easy. I loved the palette. Enjoy the EOTD
P.S -Three chosen products from the collection will have early release on August 28th
- Rating - 4/5
Wise She Rating – 4/5
- Pigmentation – 4.5/5
- Staying power - 4/5
- Blending - 5/5
- Availability – 3/5
Product sent by PR for consideration but it has not affected me review
You might like reading these also:-
- Illamasqua Sheer Lipgloss Lily-rose Review, Swatches & FOTD
- Illamasqua Freak Perfume Review
- Illamasqua Hemlock Nail Polish Review & Swatches
- Illamasqua Theatre Of The Nameless Nail Varnish Kink Review & NOTD
- Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Androgen Review EOTD
- Illamasqua Masquara Raven Reviews
- Illamasqua Intense Lipgloss Frenzy Review & FOTD
- Illamasqua Scandal Lipstick Review
- Look Book- Illamasqua Hussy Blush Review
- Illamasqua Hussy Blush Photos & Swatches